jeno [twenty-three]

The weekend flew by with your preparations for inevitable mega-wraith banishing. You worked with Jungwoo and the others well into the night on channeling your True Ayakashi's powers; there was the issue of learning a brand-new incantation for the banishment of this specific wraith; and of course, trying to come up with a better name for your group than 'Ayakashi Avengers.' That last one wasn't quite a priority, but it did take up most of the time in your breaks, including the one you were having right now.

"I don't know why you're being such a pissbaby about it, Renjun," Yuta snorted, tone more teasing than anything else. "You're the one who came up with it."

"It wasn't a serious submission for our official name," the Satori shot back, popping a chip into his mouth.

You chuckled as you listened to them, laid back on one of the central tables as they bickered in a booth together. Johnny had just brought out food and water, reminding you to stay hydrated and not over-exert yourself.

It was Sunday night, and you found yourself wondering about tomorrow. You weren't going to your eight a.m., that was for sure. And going to your other classes felt absolutely pointless; not to mention that there was no way you could be sure Mark's words were really contained to just your World Lit class.

The table shook just a bit under you, and you craned your neck back to see behind you. Jeno was kneeling above you, fingers gently tracing your jawline before moving to thread through the hair he could reach. You hummed in content, relaxing your neck again to let him continue.

"They're ridiculous, aren't they?" Jeno murmured, trying to keep a nonchalance in his voice.

But you knew what he was thinking, the same thing you were thinking. Readjusting into a sitting position, you faced Jeno, lacing both your hands with his. He anxiously brought one of your hands up to his mouth, pressing a light kiss to your knuckles. He was worried, and so were you.

"Hey lovebirds!" Renjun called out to you two.

"Lovebirds, featherbrain, you're a genius, Ren!" Yuta declared.

"Don't call me that."

Renjun's distaste of the apparent nickname only made Yuta howl louder and smack the table, "Oh you really said big brain time with that one, Rennie."

You couldn't question Yuta's mental state for long as you spotted the bottle of vodka on their table. Of course. Sicheng and Johnny had joined them, everyone's cheeks varying shades of pink. Save for Sicheng, who had ocean blue scales shimmering along where his blush should be. Renjun seemed the most sober out of them, focus still on you and Jeno.

Jungwoo had gone upstairs to make some tea, his brother on his heels; and Taeyong in his cat form was napping on the stairs.

"What's up, Renjun?" Jeno asked, thumb rubbing circles along your skin.

He shook his head, "Johnny has something to ask you."

"Oh, you got me tipsy on purpose, Renjun," Johnny accused him with a finger wag, words slightly slurred. But nevertheless, he continued, "I've been wondering..."

You raised an eyebrow, "About what?"

"You've got Taeyong, Y/N."

"Yeah..."

"Jeno's got Jaemin."

"Not sure if that comparison was intentional or not," you snickered to Jeno, who smiled in return.

"What are you guys going to do when you wanna—"

"Johnny!" Sicheng cut in with a hiccup.

"Let me finish!" The Domeki shushed his friend before restarting. "What are you guys going to do when you wanna move in together?"