1: Start Of Something New

-Kaycee's POV-

When you're fifteen and your entire family dies in a car crash you don't exactly know what to do so what I did was I never told anyone at all now I am nineteen. I have a routine I wake up at 7 to make Ayden who is the  six- year old kid I babysit and live with I make him breakfast and get him out of the house by 7:30 for school then from 8:30 to 1 then I make Ayden a snack and I leave around 2 to go pick him up from school, from 2:30 to 4 I help him with homework. Then we have dinner as a "family" but it's really the Lew's plus me. They have become a second home to me and I love them like my family.

I woke up to my alarm blaring at me and I had to slap it off. "Guess I have to start off the morning bad huh?" I whisper to my self and I get up to brush my teeth and straighten my hair. I walked down stairs to see Sean and his girlfriend Tate McRae on the couch watching Netflix. "Kaycee is that you can you make us some breakfast?" He asked me. I have nothing against him or Tate but I don't work for them I work for Ayden his little brother. "Sorry Sean I'm not a chef so I only make Ayden French toast with fruit and milk so if that's what you want sure I'll make you breakfast but my little man is first" I say and grab the bread from the cabinet. "Babe why don't you just make something instead?" Tate whined and I laughed while Ayden came running down the stairs and like usual Sean and I both stepped in front of the stairs to see who he would see first. "Kaycee!!!" Ayden screams while running towards me and I stick my tougne out at Sean. "Hi Sean" He said and went to take his usual seat at the counter. "Dude why do you like Kaycee so much more then me!" Sean whines and I smile and laugh again. "Cause you're always with Tate" he said with his mouthful. "Ayden don't talk with your mouthful!" I scolded him and cleaned up his face. "Sorry Kaycee" he said and pouted. "It's alright kid now go brush your teeth" I laugh and send him off. "Good morning Kaycee, Sean and Tate" Miya says as she eats the other part of the French toast Ayden didn't eat. "Kaycee I could eat your French toast everyday!" She moans and takes another bite. "Sean remember we have to discuss your birthday later so no friends over Kaycee Tati and Tahani are coming over at 12 right?" she asked me. "Actually you told me you had to discuss Sean's birthday at the family meeting tonight so we planned for tomorrow" I tell her. "Okay it was okay but thanks less for me and Cheuk to worry about" She laughed and started looking for something. "Mom can I pick up Ayden from school today?" Sean asked her. "Sean I love you, your my soon but Kaycee is smarter and wiser then you so she's got it" She said and grunted. "Has anyone seen my keys?" she asked. "You left the underneath the fruit platter so I put it on the hook" I said, grabbed the keys and tossed them to her. "Thanks Kaycee you're the best" she said and left.  "You ready buddy?" I asked Ayden as he came down the stairs. "Yep let's go!" he said and walked out the door.

"Bye Kaycee!" Ayden screamed as he ran into the school and my phone started ringing. "Hey Gabe" I answered. "Hey Babe can I come over today?" he asked me and I cringed at the name Babe I hate absolutely hate pet names. "Depends what time?" I asked him. "7pm is that alright?" he asked me. "Actually we have a family meeting from 6-8pm and then I have to tutor Ayden from 2:30- 4 then we have dinner 4:30- 5:30 so not today Gabe sorry" I said. "It's fine maybe tomorrow" he said clearly angry. "Gabe I'm having a sleep over with Tati and Tahani remember?" I ask him slightly annoyed. "Fine whatever you always put everyone else before me" he grumbled. "Gabe stop that I always put you first before anything except my job! That's how I'm surviving! You know what you think what you want Gabe!" I yelled at my phone and hung up. I angrily walked back into my car and drove home. I stomped into the house and plopped on the couch. "No school today I have enough hours for the next 3 months" I groan and Tate walks in. "Hey Kaycee!" She said awfully cheerfully. "Hey Tate" I groan trying to sound as happy as possible. "What's wrong I know we don't know each other well but I know something is wrong?" she asked me, I sit up and deiced I'd rather tell someone then be angry for a long time. "It's just boyfriend problems he thinks I put everyone else before him just because I told him he couldn't come over one because we have a family meeting and I have to tutor Ayden" I groan yet again and fall back down on the couch. "Look Kaycee obviously it's a toxic relationship and I know you probably love him but it's up to you what you do with Gabe" She said which honestly makes me feel a lot better. "Wait how did you know it was Gabe?" I asked her.  "It's typical Gabe DeGuzman sorry if that sounded mean" She said. "Actually it's alright mainly because you are right I need to end things" I say and start crying. "Hey Tate are you ready for the movie?" Sean walked in the room. "Cancel it go by 4 gallons of Ice cream Sean" She said and he nods confused. I tried to interject but I couldn't Tate wouldn't let me. "I'm calling him" I said and walked outside.