Chapter One

"Come on, Clover! We're going to be late!" Dahlia Phoenix, the best friend and younger sister of Clover Phoenix yelled from the kitchen.

The girls were going out to their parents business party, and as usual, Clover was taking forever, and they were going to be late and their parents weren't going to be happy.

"I'm coming! I couldn't figure out which shoe would look best with my outfit, but I've figured everything out!" Clover paused and decided to be a little mischievous. "Well, come on. You're going to make us late, Dahlia!"

Dahlia took a deep breath and plucked Clover in the neck, and they both got in the Mercedes Benz.

"Good evening, ladies." The bodyguard, Walker said as the girls sat in the back.

Clover noticed Dahlia's cheeks flush, which made Clover giggle. "Good evening, Walker! Sorry, we're late. It was my fault, Dahlia here has been ready for twenty minutes, she's always punctual." Playing Cupid, Clover also decided to help her friend out. "Doesn't she look beautiful, Walker?"

Clover's comment made Dahlia's eyes widen and she choked on the water she was sipping. Walker glanced back at Dahlia once they made it to a traffic light and nodded. "Always."

Dahlia began to blink in shock and Clover smiled to herself. She knew that Walker had a thing for Dahlia, but Dahlia was always too busy being dense to notice. But, tonight things were going to change if Clover had anything to do with it.

Silence filled the car as Clover began to think of what to say next. Moments later an idea came to her head. "Hey, Walker,"

"Yes,"

"Are you joining us at the party tonight? I mean you should! We need protection even with it being our parent's event. You never know what could happen," Clover was doing this as an apology for always making them late for events and dinners, Dahlia always had to deal with the repercussions of them being late.

Walker had an idea what Clover was doing, and he didn't mind. He never thought that Dahlia was interested, so he never tried anything.

"I will be there."

Dahlia blushed and tried to act as if she didn't care, but it didn't work. Clover noticed and spoke up. "Well, I'm glad that you're coming. Aren't you, Dahlia?"

Dahlia's head shot up and her brows furrowed. "U-um, yep!" Her stuttering made Walker chuckle, her behavior was very cute to him.

The car came to a stop and Clover had an idea. It was a stupid idea, seeing as Walker was her and Dahlia's bodyguard, but it was a cupid idea nonetheless.

"Mom and dad want to have a talk with me, so I'll be on my way." Grabbing her bag, Clover exited the car, but not before leaving Walker with instructions. "Get her there safely and in one piece, please and thank you, Walker." And with that, she was gone.

Laughing to herself, Clover got in the elevator of the Nomad Tower and just as the doors were about to close, a hand entered.

In stepped a tall handsome man with brown hair and blue eyes, and boy did he smell good.

Now, Clover was never one to be forward with her feelings for a man, and while this man was very attractive, Clover found that to be a better reason to avoid eye contact. She didn't want any man trouble.

The man, however, took his time to take a good look at Clover. She was tall for a woman, her skin was dark brown and it made her look as if she was kissed by the sun, her lips were a dream, full and glossy. And he didn't want to focus too much on her body, he knew it wouldn't be wise. But that didn't stop him from glancing at it, and he was impressed. Her dress hugged her body in the right places, and the color complimented her lovely complexion.