Chapter Sixteen

Three weeks later

A smile settled on Kane's face as he gazed at the sun-kissed beauty asleep in his arms. She was his sweet delight. Perfect in every way.

Clover stirred in her sleep and rolled closer to Kane's warm chest. Kane wanted to stay like this forever, but he couldn't. He had plans for his wife and he knew that she'd love them.

Grabbing his phone from the bedside table, Kane searched his email for the confirmation email from his travel agent. Once he found it, he looked over the plans and emailed her back, letting her know that everything seemed nice.

"Ugh," Clover groaned as she rolled on top of Kane. She wasn't ready to wake up, but it seemed like her body was ready. Turning her gaze to her handsome husband, Clover gave a tired smile.

Kane pressed a kiss on his beautiful wife's lips. "Good mornin, sleepin beauty," Clover hid her face in his chest and spoke. "Good morning, Kane." Her breath tickled Kane's chest as she spoke.

"Why are we awake?"

Kane began to rub her back as he chuckled. "I'm sorry, darlin. I was just wonderin if you were up to goin somewhere,"

Clover's eyes mood perked up at the mention of going somewhere, she loved riding in the car with Kane. It was always something to enjoy.

"Of course! Where are we going?" Kane winked at Clover and shrugged.

"I'm not tellin you, but I'm glad that you're excited!" Clover turned away from Kane after hearing that he wouldn't tell her. Kane gasped at Clover's behavior.

"Baby girl, don't you go gettin upset about this. It's gonna ruin your surprise, I wouldn't want to kidnap you cause you wanted to hide your face and be upset. I'll just go by myself," Kane knew that Clover wasn't actually upset, but he liked to think that if she wanted to play games, so would he.

Clover turned back to face Kane, and she shook her head. "Kane," She said dragging out the 'e'. Grabbing hold of either side of his face, Clover pressed kisses all over Kane's hairy face.

Once she was done, Kane was a grinning mess. He liked the consequences of messing with Clover.

"Are we going away for the day?" Clover asked as she stood in the closet.

"No, darlin. Pack for a week," He responded, knowing good and well that she'd pack for two weeks.

A few hours passed and Clover was finally done packing, and Kane was putting away their luggage in the trunk.

"Where are we going?" Clover asked as Kane drove to the airport. She was trying to guess the whole time they were at home, but Kane never budged, which made Clover ask more.

Kane looked at Clover from the corner of his eye and shrugged knowing that she would keep bugging him about their destination.

"I'm not sure, Clover. We're just goin somewhere," Kane answered nonchalantly.

Clover huffed. Kane was cryptic and she didn't like it, but she did like how handsome he looked in his sunglasses.

"You are so lucky that you're fine," She muttered and emitted chuckles from Kane.

Kane liked how vocal Clover was about her feelings for him, she said whatever she thought now. "I'm quite glad you think I'm fine, you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen,"