Chapter Nineteen

Two days had gone by and Clover was still in a frazzled state. She couldn't believe that Aurelio was back and that he found her.

She wanted to act as if everything was okay, but it wasn't. "Kane," She whispered as she lay awake on his chest.

He stirred and hummed in response. "Yes, baby girl,"

"I-i'm scared," She admitted.

Kane tightened his grip on Clover and kissed her cheek. "Would you like to go back to your old therapist?" He asked feeling horrible that he couldn't do anything to help her.

She nodded and tried to fall back to sleep.

Moments later her body jerked and she began to cry. "Shh, it's okay," Kane tried to console her, but it didn't work.

When she closed her eyes all she could see was Aurelio's face and she kept reliving that day. "No! It's not okay! God, I want these memories and feelings to be gone!" She yelled exhaustedly.

Kane checked the time and sat up. "Okay, okay. I'll call her and get you an appointment, try to get some rest now,"

Clover sighed and basically clung to Kane's body as she tried to fall asleep, and after twenty minutes of being restless, she finally fell.

The next morning Clover was at her appointment with Kane by request. She didn't want to go without him.

"How did seeing him make you feel?" Holly, Clover's old therapist asked her.

Clover shook her head and faced Kane with a look of horror.

Kane took her hand and kissed it for comfort. "You can do it," He urged.

"Okay," She said in response to him, and then she took a deep breath. "I felt insecure and unsafe."

Holly noted what she said and nodded. "Thank you for sharing that, Clover." She encouraged her with a smile.

"What about your dreams? What are they like?"

Clover gritted her teeth and huffed at the question. "They've been horrible, I can't sleep without seeing his stupid face, it, it infuriates me!" She yelled.

Holly shook her head. "You want this to be over? Do you want to finally forget about him?" She asked plainly.

Clover gave Holly an 'Are you serious?' look, and grimaced. "Of course! H-he," She stammered and took a deep breath. "Yes," She finished and squeezed Kane's hand.

"Do you really want this though?" Holly asked seriously. She knew that sometimes people couldn't let go of things because they weren't ready to come to terms with the truth. And while Clover had been in that place the first go-round of therapy, Holly had an idea that she was finally ready to face the music.

"With all of my heart," She insisted while rubbing her thighs.

Holly nodded and wrote a few things down. "We'll have to schedule a few more sessions, but I can say that you are on your way to being free. A few years ago, you didn't want to let go, but I can see that you truly do,"

Clover nodded in response, as she just wanted to get things over with. She didn't enjoy dwelling on the past, but she knew that this would be beneficial to her.