Chapter Six

"Every mornin is just the same, isn't darlin?" Kane asked as both he and Clover sat up in their bed.

They both had been up for over thirty minutes, but they were equally tired of their regular routine.

Clover furrowed her eyebrows and nodded. "You're right, we need something different! Let's play hopscotch on the terrace!" She said with a smile, but Kane at the same time said, "Let's go on a picnic!"

The couple looked at each other after hearing their answers, and Clover pursed her lips. She liked Kane's idea better, only because she didn't know that going out was an option.

"I like your idea, we can play hopscotch another day." Kane chuckled and placed a kiss on her cheek.

Clover got out of the bed and went to get ready for the picnic, and Kane did the same. Only he wasn't skipping as Clover was, he didn't look as cute as Clover did when she skipped.

An hour passed, and Kane was dressed and ready to go. He had their meal prepped and the basket packed, now all he needed was Clover. He was taking her somewhere special for their picnic destination, he planned on wooing her every chance he got. And seeing as he took off from work for the week, he was going to woo her every day.

"I'm sorry, Kane! I hate to always take forever and keep you waiting, only I haven't mastered getting ready in under 45 minutes!" Clover was trying to figure out which hair bandeau she was going to wear. The decision was harder than it seemed.

With a huff, Clover opened the bathroom door and called for Kane to help. "Kane, please help me. I can't decide which one looks best with my outfit," Holding up the options that she narrowed down by herself, Clover waited for Kane to choose for her.

Kane thought that Clover would look beautiful with whichever headwrap she wore, but he also knew that she valued fashion, so he had to help without giving a generic answer.

"Wear the one with the green in it. It's pretty," Clover looked over Kane's choice and nodded. While his answer wasn't long, she was grateful that he didn't just say that she'd look beautiful in anything. because while it was sweet, it didn't help her decide at all.

Throwing her arms around his neck, Clover placed a lingering 'Thank you!' kiss on Kane's lips. She pulled away before it could turn into something longer, and fixed it on her hair.

Five minutes later, they were walking to the car.

"Where are we going? I know we're going on a picnic, but are we going to the park? Where?" Clover liked surprises, she did, but she still liked knowing the content of the surprise as well.

Kane shook his head and kissed her hand that was laced in his. "Darlin, just let me surprise you. You don't always need to know every detail," Kane answered with a gentle tone.

Clover sat back in her seat at Kane's answer, while his tone was kind, his answer wasn't what she wanted. "Ok, fine. You don't want me to know anything, so I'll have to deal with it."

Kane chuckled as he watched Clover turn away from him and look out the window, only she didn't let go of his hand, which let him know that she wasn't actually upset.

Ten minutes passed and Clover was still ignoring Kane, they were almost to their destination so Kane decided to have fun for the remainder of the trip.

"Clover, would you like to listen to somethin?" Clover perked up, but then she remembered that she was acting upset, so she shook her head, but a small smile was on her face.

Shaking his head at Clover's cute behavior, Kane turned on his Bluetooth and began singing.

"Sugar, ah, honey honey. You are my candy girl, and you got me wantin you," Clover turned away from the window to watch Kane, he was getting it.