Deep

{A/n: btw this story won't be as long as the other two. Probably about 15-30 chapters >:)}

"You can trust me. I'm not the enemy."
_____________

🎶In too deep, can't think about givin' it up🎶

Omniscient~

Michael sat still on the hard wooden chair, seated in the same room as always, seated with the same woman he couldn't stand. She asked him annoying questions. But it's the price of insanity.

"And these voices," she paused, "what do they say to you?"

He lightly scratched at his skin before boredly shrugging his shoulders. "They tell me to do bad shit. Shit nobody in their right minds would think to do."

She nodded her head. "And how do they make you feel?"

"I feel like I have to listen to 'em. If I don't, they won't leave me the fuck alone. I got no other choice."

His own voice woke him up, as he laid on his back, staring at his bedroom ceiling. He was breathing deeply and unsteadily. Once again, he attempted to move and sit up—but he was unable to

He couldn't speak and felt that familiar feeling of not being able to breathe. His eyes raced across his room but not far enough to glance at Hayden who only laid peacefully beside him.

The frustration ate him alive. He tried to fight it. The thought of moving made him sweat even more. His body was frozen—again. It lasted longer than the first time. The voices in his head then began to pour through his ears, in one, out the other. He tried to ignore them—which is something he got better at—but it was too hard.

He then closed his eyes and relaxed himself in his own body, thinking of Dr. Nova's words of not freaking out and to act normal. To him, it's something that's normal—that he shouldn't worry about it.

Soon enough, he regained the ability to move his aching muscles and take a deep refreshing breath as it was hard to do before. So he wouldn't wake Hayden, he remained calm and in his spot before slowly sitting up. He ran a hand down his forehead and cursed to himself.

"Nothin' to worry about." He grunted to himself before easing out of the bed. He briefly looked back at Hayden before exiting the room to get a drink of water to cool himself down. His nerves were all over the place and his thoughts ran crazily through his mind.

The thought of going insane again terrified him in more ways than one. He switched on the lights to the kitchen after quietly walking down the stairs, being careful not to wake anyone. His kids are light sleepers. A pin could drop and they would wake.

He filled his glass cup halfway with cold water and lifted it to his lips before pausing. His eyes landed on the pamphlet about sleep paralysis Dr. Nova gave him a few days ago buried deeply beneath the other mail. "Shit." He muttered and snatched it from the table before looking around, scanning his eyes through it again.

He didn't want Hayden to see it and absentmindedly leaving it on the table for everyone to see wasn't a good idea. He stuffed it in his pajama pocket and gulped down his water before lightly slamming his cup down on the countertop.

His grip on the cup lingered though as his mind traveled elsewhere—

"'Cause of all the shit people already say. I dont need no more shit said about me when they find out I'm a looney, and I'm takin professional help n shit." he explains