Lucid pt. 2

A/n: "Lucid" is the name of a specific chapter in Wicked (book 1). The two are related in some ways...

🎶The devil hit my phone, he wanna talk. But I'm not really up for conversation🎶

Omniscient~

     "Daddy's acting really really unnecessary right now isn't he?" Hayden asked Urä as they were in their bedroom changing the kids and getting their days ready which they do at almost any location of the house at times.

Michael rolled his eyes and adjusted the tie around his neck before slipping it off. He had just returned from work and now had an appointment with his new therapist. He's not happy.

"I ain't actin' unnecessary." Michael replied in a lazy tone but Hayden thought otherwise. "So you just don't wanna give this new psychiatrist a chance?"

He turned to her and straight faced her as he stood before the mirror. "It ain't about "chances." I jus' don't think nobody can help me as well as Nova could. As well as she can."

Hayden gave him a look as she positioned her arms up above her head for Urä to lift up her arms in return. "I know change is hard but-"

"This ain't only change." He kissed his teeth. "This is a whole..." he couldn't find the words as he just kissed his teeth once more and blew air from his mouth. "It's just bullshit."

"2 buns or 1?" Hayden asked Urä, referring to how her hairstyle for the day should look and Urä held up 2 fingers proudly, making Hayden squeal with her.

Jaden, who was previously in the middle of changing, heard the theme song of Gumball playing from the TV downstairs and zoomed down there to catch a glimpse.

"What's everything that's goin' on today? If you tell me that, then it'll get my stupid appointment from hell out my head." He fake smiled as Hayden squinted at him

"Dorf has ballet practice and Jaden has a soccer game." Hayden summarized, shrugging her shoulders lightly afterwards. "That's about it."

Michael smiled once Hayden was done styling Urä's space buns and her outfit. She wore a light pink ballet tutu with matching ballet shoes. "Got a lil dancer in the family huh?" He asked as Urä began to spin around in her tutu but got dizzy instantly and fell on her butt, earning some laughs.

"Mmh." Hayden smiled. "She wanted to do ballet after she watched Angelina Ballerina at grandma's house." She added and Michael cocked a brow and just laughed. His kids always want to imitate what they see on TV.

"I'll take her. It's on my way there anyway." He shrugged. His voice was nonchalant but his attitude seemed tense. He greatly hated the idea of having another therapist other than Nova. It cut deeper than words could describe.

To others, it may just seem like he doesn't like change, but really there's more to that.

"Jaden's 'upposed to be changing but he watching TV." Urä tattled, facing Hayden with her big eyes, making her laugh in return.

They fight over that TV almost daily so she found a good opportunity to tell on Jaden so she could possibly steal a show from him. "He's supposed to be up here isn't he?" Hayden agreed with her before yelling Jaden's name extra loud along with some threats that weren't in English, making Michael look at her like she lost her senses

"Over here yellin' in my damn ear." He covered it like his ear was bleeding and she laughed, swatting at him but missed.

"Daddy's being dramatic right?" Hayden asked Urä and they agreed with each other before earning a squinted look from him.