Whim

"Liquor is my friend. My friend is liquor"
____________

🎶and I been eatin' healthy. you know I keep it squeaky🎶

Michael~

I was at Walmart. Better yet wit' the kids. These past couple days I haven't liked goin' out too much jus' 'cause somethin' stupid always happens so I stay my ass put in my house. I have no regards or business goin' out anyway. Hayden says I'd stay out of trouble that way.

I'm suspended from work and I'on know when I'm goin' back but it ain't anytime soon.

This time I knew what I was doin' when I "disrupted" my workplace. I was aware when I beat the hell outta Benny and I was perfectly aware when I ripped the papers off of the desks at work as well.

I mean...that's a good sign. At least I ain't doin' shit without knowin' it...lately. I say that's progress. I'on care what anyone says.

"Urä, you can't be like Jaden 'n behave yaself at the store?" I asked my daughter who was pointin' at almost every single Barbie doll we passed and wished to have but I ain't buyin' nothin'. She has too many.

She crossed her arms and whipped her head back, proceeding to cry and kick her legs back and forth in her seat—which was in the cart. "This how you be treatin' ya mama when she brings you here?" I questioned. "I spoil you too much."

Jaden wasn't puttin' up a fight but I could tell he wanted to do the same and start beggin' for toys 'n shit but I came here for groceries and only groceries.

Hayden's busy and I couldn't stand the pantry lookin' like a damn desert so I went out for the first time in almost more than a week. Damien's been buggin' me to get my shit together 'n jus' be cool wit' Benny but that ain't happenin'.

I was buzzed, but I was alert. I didn't let the small amount of alcohol in my system cloud my judgement. Benny said shit that didn't sit right wit' me so I resolved it...wit' my fists.

"What's ya mama's favorite fruit?" I asked Jaden who stood by me, occasionally helpin' me place food into the cart which he enjoyed doin'. He thought for a second before smilin' lightly. "Pineapples!" He exclaimed and I smiled back. "Pineapples." I nodded, lettin' him place it into the cart.

"Are you done?" I asked Urä who was still givin' me attitude, lookin' the opposite direction from me. Her small body was faced away from me and her face was frowned, side eyeing strangers that walked by. "No." She huffed.

"Ight." I said and pushed the cart to another aisle. "Crybaby." Jaden stuck his tongue out at her and she caught his stare, reachin' down to throw a box of animal crackers at him but I interfered in time, puttin' it back down into the cart.

"Urä come on now." I shook my head. I never thought this shoppin' trip would end but it did eventually. I planned on jus' goin' home and mindin' my own business. I got an appointment wit' Dr. White that I ain't the least bit excited about.

I've only seen him once, but I could judge now. Nova's better and I'll prolly always make that call even though i'on even know the man that well. Talkin' to him last time solved absolutely nothin'.

We walked out the store 'n I paused, tryna remember where the fuck I parked before I jus' go out in the parkin' lot lookin' like a dumbass tryna find his car. It's happened way too many times.