Chapter 1: Reunion

Wei WuXian breaks the silence first as they walk.

"Ah, Lan Zhan. Why don't you tell me what you've been up to? How is the role of Xiandu? Has Ayu- I mean Sizhui been behaving properly?" Wei WuXian starts bombarding Lan WangJi with questions, his perky personality resurfacing after having only Little Apple and cultivators to talk to over the years.

"Sizhui has gone on many night-hunts now. Along with Jingyi and Jin Ling." Lan WangJi responds

"Ey? Jin Ling too? Jiang Cheng lets him go?" Wei WuXian chuckles slightly, remembering how Jiang Cheng constantly scolded Jin Ling for wandering off.

"Clan leader Jiang..has been a frequent visitor at Gusu." Lan WangJi's voice tenses slightly at the mention of Wei WuXian's younger brother. He had never been a big fan of the Jiang Clan leader, though, after the events of Guanyin Temple, some of the feelings of dislike had faded, but he still felt wary. Wei WuXian nearly stumbles in shock. Jiang Cheng? Visiting Gusu? For what reason would he do that? Lan WangJi speaks before Wei WuXian could.

"He has been visiting Xichen in seclusion. I do not know what they speak about as he tends to leave whenever I go visit Xichen." Wei WuXian nods in understanding, though there was still a puzzled look on his face. Since when does Jiang Cheng go visit people?

"What about you? Where did you go after we parted ways?" Lan WangJi asks. Wei WuXian's lips curl up into a smile once more.

"I met a few cultivators here and there. These past few years, I had to rebuild up my golden core, as the one in Mo Xuan Yu's was very weak and low in spiritual energy. I got myself a sword after saving up some money...it's not as good as Suibian, but I'm hoping I can get it back once my golden core is strong enough. I joined night-hunts whenever I could. And..." Wei WuXian pauses, stealing a glance at Lan WangJi. Although his head remained facing ahead, Wei WuXian could see Lan WangJi's eyes flickering over to meet him, waiting for him to finish his sentence.

"I finally met Baoshan Sanren." Lan WangJi stops walking and Wei WuXian does as well. Although Wei WuXian could not see any surprise or shock expression on Lan WangJi's face, he could tell he was surprised.

"Let's rest inside there for the evening. It is getting late," Lan WangJi points to a nearby cave.

After making a fire and leaving Little Apple in the cave, Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi leave to find food

After making a fire and leaving Little Apple in the cave, Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi leave to find food. With the sound of his flute, Wei WuXian helps lure prey towards Lan WangJi. The mountains were plentiful with wild chickens during this time of the year as it was summer. They also retrieved water from a nearby stream. By the time they got back, it was already dark out and Little Apple was sleeping in the corner. Only when they had finished their meal, Lan WangJi starts asking Wei WuXian about Baoshan Sanren.

"How did you meet her?" Lan WangJi finally asks. Wei WuXian takes a deep breath.

"Actually...it was an accident. After wandering around so much and far away from the familiar regions, I managed to actually find the mountain she lived on. She stopped me with her sword and asked me who I was and I told her. That I was the son of Cangse Sanren, Wei WuXian. I didn't have much to prove what I said, but somehow she believed me." Wei WuXian begins to explain in depth to Lan WangJi