Chapter 25: Spirit Realm

Quick beginning note: For my story, the way they travel to the Spirit Realm is almost like Astral projection or the way the Avatar does it in ATLA (Yes I did take some inspiration from it, but it does not look the same way as it does in that show. My vision of this spirit realm is more like a being inside a crystal orb with all the swirly stuff going on) There will be a picture later for reference.

Also for the description for Suibian & Wangji, I took inspiration from this piece of art: 

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=2251244278252419&set=pcb.2251248564918657

For Zidian and Sandu, I came up with a description on my own.

Jiang Cheng takes his place at Wei WuXian's side, his eyes watching the steady rise and fall of his chest as he breathes.

The only source of comfort was the steady pulse under his hand as he held his brother's wrist. When I wanted you to return to Lotus Pier, I did not want it to be like this. The day he was so anxious for had turned sideways. He had plans to show his brother around Lotus Pier. To go shooting kites with him again just like they had done when they were younger. He had many plans for them. But now, he'd have to save his brother first. The hours seemed to go back swiftly as the sun soon set and the moon came out. An eerie red light fills the room from the window.

Jiang Cheng takes the Clarity Bell in one hand and Suibian in another. Sandu is tucked at his side. He doesn't know if he would be able to encounter the spirits of his own cultivation tools, but if he did, they'd only assist him in case he runs into danger. Lan Xichen comes instead of Lan Wangji as his brother is still resting. Jiang Cheng closes his eyes, focusing on the gentle energy from the Clarity Bell and the spirit inside Suibian. Lan Xichen plays 'Song of Clarity' on Shouyue. They did not know if it would do much help but they speculated that it would let him concentrate more and keep his mind steady.

Soon, Jiang Cheng feels the air shifting around him and he opens his eyes

"That...was easier than I thought," Jiang Cheng says to himself. He looks around him, no longer in Wei WuXian's room. He puts his arm up to cover his face instinctively as a blinding flashing light fills the sky followed by a loud humming noise that makes his ears hurt. No wonder why Wei WuXian is unconscious. Is this what it sounds like when two spirits fight? He looks around his surroundings for any sign of his brother. He could only see fog and smoke around him.

"Jiang Cheng," A voice startles him to spin around. He stares in confusion at the two figures in front of him. One is a woman in dark purple robes. She has a sharp face and eyes and curly hair. Curled around her neck and shoulders is a snake. A man stands next to her with dark brown eyes and his short hair neatly tied in a bun. Without them speaking, Jiang Cheng feels like he already knows who they are. Zidian and Sandu

"Do..do you feel where Suibian and ChenQing are?" Jiang Cheng asks them. The two of them nod, beckoning him to follow them and he does.

"We need to find my brother first," He hurries to catch up to them.

"We must hurry," Zidian speaks in an urgent voice. "The Spirit Realm is not safe for a human soul to be alone."

"Why isn't he with them?"

"They are fighting...and Suibian got corrupted with dark powers. Neither of them will know if he is in danger. Their minds are too set on their own bloodbath."

"Th-that's," Jiang Cheng can't help but feel a surge of anger. They're too obsessed with fighting to protect their own master?! What good are they if they can't do the thing they're supposed to do!