•VIII - Thestrals•

THE SLYTHERIN and the Gryffindor walked through the streets of Hogsmeade, fingers intertwined together.

They were laughing, and genuinely. Y/N and Draco didn't care about the looks people gave them, because, they were having fun.

It doesn't even look like they were trying to show everyone that they were on a date. Because in all honesty, they forgot, even for a moment, that all the things they were doing, were fake.

The girl pulled Draco inside Honeydukes, and once they entered, the smell of sweet heaven immediately greeted them

Y/N walked over to the shelves, Draco still following behind her. The smile didnt leave the girl's face, she loved sweets, it was a guilty pleasure.

"oh! Cauldron cakes!", she exclaimed, and grabbed a few packs of it. She then looked up, and saw that the chocolate frogs were on the very top shelf. She rolled her eyes, "they really need to do that, do they?"

Draco, seeing the girl's frown, chuckled, "good thing i'm here", he said, and grabbed a few packs of chocolate frogs

The Gryffindor rolled her eyes as she grabbed the candy from the man's hand, but a smile on her lips, "don't get all cocky, Malfoy. I could've gotten it myself"

"yeah, sure.", he said, a teasing smile on his face

Scoffing, Y/N walked towards the counter, and got a few sickles from her pocket, but before she could even put the money on the counter, the blonde haired man beat her to it

"hey", she said, putting her money on the counter, and giving Draco's money back to him, "i can pay for my own"

Draco shook his head, "please, let me."

Y/N rose her eyebrows, "are these your sweets?"

"no, but-"

"then i'll pay for it", the girl said, making Draco sigh.

Although, he didn't remove his money from the counter, so both of their coins were there. The girl behind the counter took turns on looking at the both of them, not knowing who's money she'll take

Draco gestured towards his coins, "take mine, please."

Y/N then smiled at the girl, "no, i don't want you to take his money, because i can pay for my own. I am an independent young woman, and i don't want to rely on men, or other people, to pay for my expenses, so please, take my money for Godric's sake!", she exclaimed, making a few people look at her. Once she realized what she did, she looked down to hide her reddened cheeks, and cleared her throat, "please."

It took a couple of moments for the girl behind the counter to answer, because she was shocked, but soon, she smiled, she liked Y/N's attitude.

"the girl's right", she said, taking Y/N's money

Y/N looked up, a small smile on her face. She looked at Draco, who also had a small smile on his face. He took his money and put it back in his pocket, "alright, you win"

Once the sweets were ringed up, the Gryffindor took it and walked away, and Draco was supposed to follow, when the girl behind the counter called out to him, "hey, mr. Blondie", Draco turned around, an eyebrow raised at the nickname. The girl grinned, "keep that girl. She's a good one."

At that, the blonde man smiled, "i know", and with that, Draco left the shop, and saw Y/N buying apples from a stand

He walked towards her, and feeling his presence, Y/N looked at him, "what kept you in there?"

"just the cashier", he said, noticing how the girl's eyebrow raised

"what, she wants to write to you or something?", she asked a little too sourly, as she paid for her apples

Draco chuckled, "no, but was that a hint of jealousy i heard?"

Y/N looked at him, "as if", she said, and laughed.

The pair then started to walk back to the carriages, but once they arrived, Y/N didnt stop walking, she continued on to the forbidden forest

With furrowed eyebrows, Draco followed her, "the carriages are there", he said, pointing a thumb behind them

"yeah, i know.", Y/N said, going deep into the forest

Even though it was a little sketchy, Draco still walked behind her, following her trail

And when they reached the what seems to be the middle of the forest, the girl stopped, and smiled

"why'd you stop?", the man asked

Y/N looked at him, "we're here."

Draco furrowed his eyebrows, and looked around, "exactly, where are we?"

The girl raised her hands, as if she's petting something, "thestrals. Beautiful creatures, but not everyone sees them."

The Malfoy walked towards Y/N, "i thought they were Myths?"

A smile crept up Y/N's face, "people think such things don't exist, yet, there's one infront of us right now.", she said, "i found him last year, he's very sweet."

Draco looked infront of them. All he sees is the leaves on the ground, and the trees. He knew why, he read books about magical creatures, and he knew you'd only see one if you've seen death before your eyes.

He looked at the girl beside him, as she pets the creature. She grabbed an apple that she bought, from her satchel, and fed it to the thestral. Draco watched as the apple disappeared bit by bit

"i've read about thestrals.", Draco started, making Y/N nod to make him go on, "i remember reading that you can only see them when-"

"you've seen death.", Y/N interrupted, nodding. Once the apple was finished, she turned to Draco, and smiled, "that's right", she said

The girl walked towards a tree and sat  down on the big roots of it. Draco followed her, sitting beside her, "does that mean..?", he asked, not knowing whether he should continue or not

Y/N smiled sadly, "i used to have a sister.", she said, looking into Draco's beautiful grey eyes, "but she killed herself when i was ten. She used the killing spell on herself.. Infront of me."

Draco's eyes widen. Without thinking, he pulled the girl to his chest, "that must have been traumatic."

"i- i actually was fine. After they got the body out of my sight, i guess it was just normal that i was silent. But after a few days, it was normal again. My sister didn't spend much time with me, she spent more of her time with her boyfriend. so it didn't hurt as much.", Y/N said, hugging Draco back, "but it did make me realize how people can get so idiotic when it comes to love. You'll get your heart broken, and you'll just kill yourself? Sister forgive me, but that's just pathetic"

The pair backed away, and looked into each other's eyes. Y/N had a sad smile on her face, and so did Draco

Draco put a lose strand of her hair behind her ear, "i'm sorry to hear that", he said, his voice above a whisper, as their faces were inches apart, "but love does, make people idiotic. It's like being in an imperius curse. You cant control it. And your heart is the one casting the spell"

The both of them lean in closer. Draco glanced at Y/N's lips, but as their lips were just supposed to touch, Y/N backed away and cleared her throat

She then, stood up and dusted her clothes off, ignoring the disappointment on Draco's face

"i think it's time to head back to the castle."

~~~