•XVIII - What's With The Scarf?•

DRACO GENTLY laid Y/N down without breaking the kiss.

They were so lost in their own little world that they forgot their parents were downstairs.

Y/N's breath hitched when the blonde's tongue asked for entrance, which she didn't deny.

The blonde just couldn't seem to stop himself. He finds the girl's lips so addicting that everytime he kisses her, he wants more of it.

Draco then, pulled away from her lips, and started kissing her jaw, to her neck, making Y/N bite her lip to stop a moan. When Draco noticed, he started sucking on it, and at that, the girl couldn't contain herself-

"Y/N, Draco! Dinner is ready!"

At Narcissa's voice, they pulled apart from each other, a blush creeping up on both of their cheeks.

The witch stood by the door, a grin playing on her face.

Draco cleared his throat, "we'll be there in a bit."

Narcissa nodded, "alright. Be sure to be down in a bit. No more secret agendas.", she laughed, seeing the teenagers blush more. She went out the door, and was supposed to close it when she noticed something, "Y/N?"

The girl, even if she didn't want to, looked up, a small smile on her face, "yeah?"

"there's something..", Narcissa said, pointing at her own neck, and with that, she left the room, leaving Y/N with wide eyes.

Standing up, Y/N walked towards Draco's mirror. She looked at her neck, making her eyes widen, "Merlin's beard!", she exclaimed, and looked at Draco, who just laughed

"it's fine.", he said, standing up, and hugging her, "they won't notice."

Y/N glared at him, "it's dark purple, and is in the middle of my neck. Of course they won't notice!", she said, "Merlin, Draco. My dad would not be happy."

Still laughing, the blonde pulled away from their hug, and went to his closet. He found a turtle neck sweater, "why don't you wear this?"

"yeah, sure, wearing your clothes after what Narcissa saw is not suspicious.", the girl rolled her eyes

Draco pulled out his Slytherin scarf, "what about a scarf? It is very cold."

"fine.", Y/N said, and grabbed the scarf. She wrapped it around her neck, and even though it looks a bit suspicious, it was the best they could do.

The two of them walk down the stairs, trying to act as normal as possible, and finally, they entered the dining room.

Narcissa smiled, "glad the two of you decided to join us."

Y/N smiled shyly, and sat beside her mother, while Draco sat in front of her, "sorry for being late, i just gave him a gift, is all.", the girl said

"i figured.", Narcissa teased, making the young couple blush.

Ophelia then, cleared her throat, and said, "well, the food's getting cold, shall we eat?", she asked, and with that, everyone nodded, and started eating.

Harriot then, noticed the Slytherin scarf around his daughter's neck, making him raise an eyebrow, "what's with the scarf?"

Both Y/N and Draco froze. The girl looked at her father, "what?"

"remove the scarf, Y/N, it's not polite, besides, aren't you a Gryffindor? Why arw you wearing a Slytherin scarf?", Harriot asked his daughter, making her eyes slightly widen.

She looked at Draco, "uh-"

"it's alright, mr. Eve, i gave her the scarf because she said she was cold. And we don't mind, right, mother?", the blonde tried to cover, glancing at his mother for help

Narcissa chuckled, "ofcourse. Y/N can wear the scarf if she's cold."

The young couple sighed in relief as Harriot just rose an eyebrow and continued eating.

Soon, dinner was over, and all of them were in the living room. Lucius and Harriot sat by the fire, playing Wizarding chess, while they drink firewhiskey, while Narcissa and Ophelia gossiped.

Y/N and Draco sat by the window, it was really boring, and it was atleast an hour before the clock strikes twelve, for the New Year.

"this is so boring. Why didn't your parents just host a party, or something?", the girl pouted

The blonde laughed, "mum said she wanted to spend time with you Eves. Just the three of you.", he said, tucking a piece of her lose hair behind her ear, "she also said that she and your mother has been talking about possible wedding plans"

At that, Y/N's eyes widen, "wedding? Merlin's beard!", she laughed, "next thing we know they'll be talking about grandchildren."

"trust me, they probably have.", Draco said, and with that, the couple laughed.

Y/N looked back at the window, she watched the stars twinkle, "look at them, Draco. They look like they're looking right back at us.", she said

The blonde looked at the sky, "when i was younger, mum told me they do look down at us. She said that they're passed relatives, that are guarding us."

At that, the girl sighed, "do you think my sister's looking down at me?"

Draco smiled, and kissed her forehead, "of course. She's probably looking down at you with a smile on her face.", he said, making Y/N smile. The blonde glanced at the clock, seeing it's only half an hour left before New Year. He looked back at Y/N and cheekily grinned, "you think they'll be able to notice us if we leave?"

The girl chuckled and glanced at their parents, "they probably would, but what can they do if we already left?"

At that, Draco grinned, and grabbed the girl's hand. The secretly left the living room, thankful that no one saw them (but Narcissa probably did), they ran up the stairs, making Y/N giggle.

Soon, they reached the attic, "here we are.", Draco said.

"why are we here?", Y/N asked, trying to see through the dark, "Draco, it's literally pitch black in here!"

The blonde chuckled, and let go of Y/N's hand, "wait here", he said, and walked away. He walked towards the window, then he pulled the curtains open

Y/N's eyes widen, seeing the moon shining, like it's almost near them, "Merlin's beard, this is beautiful!", she exclaimed, and walked towards the window. The snow gently fell as the stars twinkled, and as the moon shone brightly.

Draco stood behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist, and putting his chin on her shoulder, "i discovered this place when i was six, and since then, i go here to look at the sky."

"it's absolutely wonderful. I wish we had a view like this at home.", the girl smiled. Her eyes sparkled, and this made Draco happy. Because she's happy. And her happiness makes her happy.

He chuckled, "i'm glad you like it.", he said. They stood there for what felt like a long time, then, Draco remembered. He looked at his pocket watch, and saw it was a minute before midnight, "Y/N."

The girl faced him, "yeah?"

He looked at her in awe. Merlin's beard, he's so in love with her.

Leaning in slowly, Draco gently cupped Y/N's cheek. The girl, noticing his gestures, slowly leaned in as well.

Before their lips touched, Draco looked into her eyes, and said, "i love you."

Y/N smiled at him, "i love you, too. So much."

And with that, the blonde closed the gap between the two of them. He kissed her with such love, and they didn't even notice the fireworks that's seen on the window from a far.

The girl's eyes flutter open, as they pulled away, her eyes sparkling with happiness

"happy new year, love.", said Draco

"happy new year, Draco."

~~~