•XXV - Busy•

FAST FORWARD to the month of May, everyone was busy, and frustrated as ever, considering there was only a month left before they take the tests that will change their lives forever, the tests that will decide if they should have a good future, or not.

the library was packed with students, who got their noses stuck in a book, including both Draco and Y/N, but clearly, the blonde was getting tired of studying- i mean, you can't really blame him, can you?

for the past week, all they did was study, and if they weren't together, Y/N would spend time with the trio. 

all Draco wanted was to spend time with her.

"I think we've had enough studying for the week," he finally said, filling the silence.

Y/N looked up from her book, a tired sigh leaving her lips, "We can't be too sure, Draco. you know I want to not fail my NEWTs,"

the blonde nodded, "I know, and I also know that you won't fail," he said, "please? let's just spend time for awhile, we haven't done that since last week,"

with a shake of her head, Y/N went back to her book, "Some other time,"

Draco rose his eyebrows in surprise, but he immediately frowned, and stood up, grabbing his satchel, and slinging it on his shoulder. when he walked away, Y/N looked up, and saw him going out of the library.

a sigh left her lips, and went back to her book. if she wanted to be successful, she needs to do hard work. she was doing the right thing, right? after all of this, she can spend all her time with Draco, and they'll be happy.

just a bit more time.

• • •

Draco walked inside the Slytherin common room with a frown, today was supposed to be Hogsmeade day, but clearly, Y/N wouldn't give him even just a bit of her time to atleast talk.

he sat down on the couch with a huff, while he just dropped his satchel on the floor. the blonde stared at the fire, he was tired of studying- which, really, he shouldn't, since his mother would literally kill him, if he doesn't finish this year. it was his last year, after all.

being so deep in thought, Draco didn't notice a figure walk down the stairs from the dorms, whom a few seconds later sat down beside him.

the blonde turned his head, and when he saw who it was, a frustrated sigh left his lips. he then, stood up, and grabbed his satchel from the floor, and was supposed to walk away, but his company stopped him from doing so,

"I need to tell you something," said Blaise, looking down.

Draco looked at him, and scoffed, "I'm pretty sure you've said all you wanted a few months ago," he said, and walked away, supposedly going up to his dorm room

but Blaise once again spoke up, and his words made the blonde stop in his tracks, "I wanted to apologize,"

the blonde couldn't believe his ears. Zabini, the Blaise Zabini is apologizing, that couldn't be right. Draco faced him, his face stone cold as ice, "What's the point of all this? you are apologizing, after months, why?"

the dark skinned boy fiddled with his hands, and sighed tiredly, as if he's regret the things he's done, "I've thought things through, and I really wasn't a good friend, and I just thought I should apologize,"

"You really weren't," Draco shook his head, and gave an unimpressed look

Blaise stood up and walked towards the blonde, an awkward smile on his lips, "I'm sorry, i really am," he said, and inhaled deeply, "I was thinking maybe we can start again,"

Draco looked at him, his eyebrows furrowed, "Years of friendship, we- no, you threw is away, just because that stupid bet,"

"I know, and I regret it greatly," said Blaise

the blonde observed him, thinking if he should forgive and forget- he didn't want to just throw away all those years of friendship, he didn't want to lose a friend because of a girl. but at the same time, Draco knew what Blaise did was unforgivable. but Draco did technically break bro code, seeing as he really isn't suppose to date his bestfriend's former girlfriend. 

but Blaise did insist that he should? but falling in love wasn't a plan, so technically, Draco was somehow also at fault? but he can't control feelings? Merlin this is confusing.

a sigh left Draco's lips as he finally made his decision- not the best one, and Y/N really isn't gonna be happy about it, but he's a grown man, he can make decisions for himself.

"You really weren't a good friend," the blonde started.

Blaise once again nodded, "Yeah, but there really is no need to rub it in my face," he chuckled nervously

"But I guess I wasn't either," Draco said, shaking his head. he looked at Blaise and smiled a bit, "I think starting again isn't a bad idea,"

the dark skinned boy smiled at that, and nodded, "I'm glad you think so," he said.

Draco sighed through his nose, and cleared his throat, "Well, i should head up then," he said, which Blaise only answered a small 'ofcourse,' to.

the blonde headed up to his dorm room, and dropped his satchel on the floor beside the bed. he flopped on his bed, and stared at a space. this really wasn't a good idea, and he knew it. 

but Blaise was the only one he considered a friend. besides, the trust that was there, is gone, which is why they're starting again, building new trust. but there was something else that Draco built, a wall.

a wall that he won't let down so easily. maybe when Blaise proves himself, then maybe the trust that used to be there will come back. 

a sigh left Draco's lips once again as he thought of how to tell Y/N. not know, seeing as after he walked out of the library, they won't really be in speaking terms. but hopefully not for long.

Y/N was way too important to lose over some petty fight- which really wasn't a fight, but basically it was. it's complicated, but Draco hoped it would all be better soon.

all he wants to do was graduate, and work, and settle down with Y/N, maybe even have a child of his own, he's always wanted one. the thought of a little one running around the house made him smile, and at night time, Y/N and him would tell the little one stories, and just give him loads of kisses.

that's what he wants.

and wishes.

~~~