Chapter Two

"Insecure again, dangerous again, so bad" Seokjin sang into the mic as his band played.

"Why?" He listened to how his backup singers followed his lead.

"Us, yeah. Enduring more holding out. So hard."

"Hard."

"We can't."

He held his hand up and the music stopped. He tapped chin and rubbed his head. "Something is missing." He sighed.

"We need either a soprano or tenor harmony," Seokju said while taking a sip of water.

Jinae pulled her straight light brown hair into a ponytail. "He's right. Taemin was a flake but we needed his voice."

"He quit the moment, Hyung chewed him out." Namjoon laughed.

Seokjin sighed. "Look, he was slacking and he needed to know the truth. If you can't handle being chewed out every now and then, this isn't the job for you. You need thick skin." he shrugged sipping his water.

"You're a cold-blooded man." Yoongi teased making them laugh.

The doors opened and Seokjin's manager Wen-Mu came bouncing inside happily.

"You're gonna love me." He told Seokjin proudly.

"Interesting, only men I love are my dad, brothers, in-laws and my husband, so you better have a good reason for thinking I will." He folded his arms with an amused look on his face. Wen-Mu smiled wider.

"What if I told you I set up an audition with a tenor?"

"Really Wen-Mu-nim?" Jinae gasped running over to him.

"Yup!"

"Wow, so you're finally doing your job." Seokju teased. They roared in laughter.

"The disrespect! I do my job all the damn time!" He huffed before turning to Seokjin. "Come on, tell me you love me."

"I refuse to say those words to anyone other than my husband but you're cool in my books." They laughed as Wen-Mu nudged him. "So tell me about him."

"A friend of a friend recommended him to me saying his voice fitted with your style of music better than Bubblegum pop. He's twenty-three and according to this friend, he's a voice of gold."

"When's the audition?"

"In an hour." Wen-Mu puffed his chest and Seokjin laughed.

"You're getting closed Hyung-nim, keep it up."

Wen-Mu laughed out. "I know, I know."

"Hyung-nim don't believe him!" Hoseok shouted. "You've been his manager for almost eight years and you're finally getting close to him saying he loves you? He's terrible." He teased and everyone laughed out.

Seokjin looked at Wen-Mu. "If you get me a new drummer, I'll say it."

"Hey!" Hoseok exclaimed, the room filled with laughter.

"You guys are too much, I'm going to my office. When he arrives, I'll bring him in. Hopefully, he's good."

"Alright, let's take House of Cards from the chorus." Seokjin clapped his hands.

________________

Seokjin looked at his cell phone and saw his mother sent him a text saying family dinner on Saturday at Taehyung's parents' house. He sighed deeply telling her they would be there. He ran his hand over his face. Once again he and Taehyung were going to have to fake their happy marriage.