Chapter 42

Note: it's about to get lemony fresh up in here, y'all. Don't read this chapter if you're not old enough to fit in the "mature audience" grouping. 😁
########

"Out of all the pranks that have been played on me, this is by far the least amusing."

"This isn't a prank, Dhadtoudi."

"Of course it isn't."

"Why would I joke about this?"

"Because males are fucked up!" She was irate now, waving her hands through the air as she yelled at him before placing them atop her head and pacing back and forth. "Out of everyone, why do you have to do it too?!"

"Ask them."

"What?!"

"Ask your father. Ask Zaiyu. If you doubt my intentions, test the waters." In a defiant manner, she raised her arm, pulled the sleeve of her shirt up to uncover her gauntlet, and typed a quick message to Zaiyu.

'Did you speak with T'ahrou?' A long moment passed in silence before a response finally came through.

'Father did most of the speaking. We approve. The choice is yours.' Her heart felt as if it sank to her stomach.

"Traitorous bastards..!" T'ahrou growled, seeming to take offense to the comment. She waved him off before reading the message again, then again, then five times more. There was no denying it. She looked up at him as he watched her like a hunter watches it prey. Similarly to what the humans had done, but less disturbing. She could feel her cheeks flush slightly, and she folded her arms over her chest once more. "What makes you think I would agree to something like that to begin with?"

"You told me about it."

"But what makes you think I would agree to it with you?" He reaches out and tapped the tip of his finger lightly against her nose, to which she responded by promptly swatting his hand away like an annoying insect.

"I can smell it, soft one."

She could feel her face turn a deep shade of red and she quickly turned on her heel to retrieve a drink from the dining area. "Don't call me that..! It makes me feel out of shape..!"

"You are out of shape." Now anger joined her blush as she downed a glass fruit juice, only to turn around and be met with T'ahrou's chest and upper abdomen. She could feel a familiar tingle in the pit of her stomach, but her instincts dared her not to move. "Your physical fitness is not a concern, Dhadtoudi. What is your answer?" The question sounded more like a statement, and she moved her eyes up to meet his.

"You said earlier you already know..."

"I need to hear it."

Another heavy silence as the tingling sensation turned into a throbbing pressure, and she could feel her heart racing in her chest...she was certain that he could hear it.

"I...I accept." T'ahrou clicked quickly before reaching down and cupping his hands against the backs of Dhadtoudi's thighs, lifting her to more or less straddle his broad waistline while hovering several feet in the air. Her grey eyes went wide with shock as her arms instinctively reached out for something to latch onto, coming to link around T'ahrou's neck.

A low growl rumbled deep in his chest, and deep in her own core, eliciting a fresh round of chills throughout Dhadtoudi's body. His mandibles moved slowly through the air, tasting it as his pupils dilated as they had before at the mating shop. If he face could have reddened any further, it would have as she realized now what the cause of they reaction (and the following argument) had been. The pressure in her core intensified.