Chapter 52

"Her body was badly damaged...it will take time to heal." A'ytu stood next to the unconscious female as he waved a scanner over her lower abdomen. "Bio-gel can do many things, but some things have to correct themselves naturally." He held the scanner over her pelvis and the holographic projection showed many fractures to the delicate bone. "There will likely be scar tissue in the future. As far as the bone goes, that will be something we will need to watch if she is ever able to conceive. It could cause complications during the birthing process. I can't even begin to give an accurate count of her other broken bones."

"And what of her nervous system?" Zaiyu's tone was flat as he paced around the room.

"No damage as far as I can see, but the sudden onset of paralysis led me to test her blood samples. She has obscene amounts of a toxin in her bloodstream that is produced by some forms of wild flowers."

"She was poisoned?" The healer clicked in affirmation before lifting a long, black needle-shaped spike which had a fluorescent purple substance coating it.

"This was hidden in what remained of her garbs. I was able to locate several puncture wounds throughout her body, and I'm surprised she was able to survive such a high dose. This amount alone is more than enough to take down over a dozen Yautja, let alone a single pyode-amedha." Zaiyu flipped a tray of blood samples against the wall out of anger, an action that resulted in several various colors of blood coating the metallic wall, one of which was the blood of a kiande-amedha and melted a hole through the metal.

A'ytu simply watched in aggravated disbelief as the Blooded Warrior lost his composure throughout various points of the lab. Periodic roars and growls filled the silent air, along with random, unused pieces of technological equipment.
———————————————————————

Dhadtoudi cringed at the feeling of wet sand squishing between her toes, but continued the trek through the gentle waves until she was standing knee-deep in the crystal clear water

Dhadtoudi cringed at the feeling of wet sand squishing between her toes, but continued the trek through the gentle waves until she was standing knee-deep in the crystal clear water. She could see in the distance a small human child trudging clumsily along the shoreline with a human male close behind.

The child had short black hair, lightly tanned skin, and intense hazel eyes. Whether it was male or female, she couldn't be sure. But the male seemed to call it "Tabitha". Dhadtoudi crinkled her nose at the sound of the name; it seemed so strange to her. Everything about the soft meats was strange to her, yet she had decided to return and explore their culture (the parts that didn't include cult sacrifices and such).

Something caught her attention, drawing her grey eyes to the left behind the other humans. The air seemed to be waving, almost unstable, like a mirage. She stared at the mirage for several seconds until finally she saw two glowing optic shields reflect back at her.

The sight made her heart thump wildly in her chest. It had been so long since she'd laid eyes on a Yautja that it was as if she'd seen it for the first time. "Momma," the child called as it waved to Dhadtoudi, "we gotta go now! Daddy says we have to go home!"

"I'll be there soon..!" She called back, never once removing her gaze from the invisible being.

"Dhadtoudi." A deep voice sounded from behind her and she spun around quickly to find T'ahrou standing mere inches from her. "You must return now."

"Yes, I'll go to them shortly." T'ahrou tilted his head in curiosity at her words.

"Elder Zaiyu requests your presence now, Ooman."