In Honour of a Birthday

I walked down the cobblestone path to my destination.  It's been years now...'years...'  I thought to myself as I walked on.  'We were so young...we were only fourteen...'  I continued my depressed chain of thoughts.  My short hair which stayed just below my cheeks bounced as I walked.  My deep/medium blue dyed part that hung over my left eye was blown around my face aimlessly by the winter breeze.  

(If your (hair colour) is deep/medium blue and already dyed, then congratulations!  Nothing has changed!  But for those who don't have deep/medium blue hair, only the part of your fringe covering your left eye is dyed this colour.  So when your glows and changes colour, you can't see the glow at all.)

'The firey glow of my left eye has grown bigger in my left iris and practically lights up my black whites of my eye.  The flame-like glow has grown stronger and the colour has grown into a lighter blue colour in recent years.'  I told my imaginary audience.  I kept my hands in my pockets whilst trying to not break the red rose I carried carefully in my gloved hands and I had pulled my hoodie up to block most of the chilling winds.  'This certainly is a win-dy day for winter.'  I joked to myself, trying to lift my mood, but failing terribly.

I soon came to my destination.  I began reading off the stone in front of me as my eyes watered.  I no longer needed an eye patch to cover my left eye, because my hair was doing the job--so the tears ran freely down my cheeks.

'Mary Amber Fanning'
'Fourteen years old, this girl was a bright light in the world of her many friends and family members.  They'll always remember her for her loud voice, her playful and childish nature and her terribly funny jokes.  She was good-natured with a good sense of humour.  She always used her loud voice to make others smile, even on their worst days.'
'May this sweetheart of a child rest in absolute peace--knowing she brought the world the light it needed.'

I couldn't read more.  I could barely see with my tear-blurred eyes.  I fell onto my knees and placed the red rose on her grave.  "Here Mary...your favourite flower and colour."  I told her grave, as if her ghost and spirit was listening.  "Happy--"  I sobbed, "Birthday..."  I finished.  I pulled my sleeves to go past my hands and cried into them after bringing them to my face to dry my eyes.  But the tears kept running their Cross Country.

I didn't want to bother them, but I needed their presence.  I discreetly pulled my sleeve away from my hand and rolled it up my arm a little.  I then slowly traced my soulmark--watching it glow a light blue firey glow like my eye, before I began sobbing again and clutched it with all my might.  I felt my soulmate comforting me.  This wasn't the first time they did this for me and it wasn't going to be the last--I knew that.  I've had to comfort them too; not that I mind or anything...I'm just saying...it's not one-sided.

That was how I spent my morning.  My afternoon, I stayed curled up on the couch, because it's the weekend and I don't have work or school today, and I just watched cartoons to brighten my mood after 'thanking' my soulmate by sending through my emotion of gratefulness.  I currently have my last year of school to finish and for the past two years I've been working alongside my parents to earn my own money for movies with friends, eating out, clothes and make-up, et cetera, et cetera.

I've saved enough money, so by next year I can move into an apartment closer to our large town.  This also means that I'll be closer to Mt. Ebott and hopefully...closer to my soulmate.  Over the years, I've found them as the best source to let my emotions out with and it seems they've found that I'm the best person to go to, to let their emotions out with.  We both feel so much better after 'complaining' or showing our anger at times.  They've been with me through the thick and thin of my emotions, as I them.  (Does...does that make sense?)

My parents had encouraged me to move out and be free and get a job and grow up and 'bla bla bla.'  Be an adult and move on--meet my soulmate and some new friends, 'et cetera, et cetera.'  I'm glad they're supportive, but gosh they make it sound like a lot more work than what it truly is.  Dad's working at the nearby retail store and Father's working at his office job.  He holds a big supporting organization, where it collects money and gives it to their contractees to support them and keep them on their feet.  In return the contractees' businesses give twenty percent of their profit back.  This organization is called, 'SupportU'.  My Father is honestly irreplaceable they told him and always practically beg him to work overtime for them.

He's great when dealing with people when it comes to business terms--but he genuinely doesn't like people outside his small friend group.  Slowly but surely, as I watch this cartoon and finish my soup, I fall into a gentle and relaxed sleep...

(Another chapter done!  I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!
This chapter was created to build backstory and character development.
It was written to demonstrate how Sans and (name) are going to fall for each other, not for being soulmates, but for always being there for each other.)