An Average Day

Monday morning's seven am alarm rung through the apartment, snapping me out of my daze.  'Drat.  I forgot to turn it off again.'  I thought to myself after swiping the alarm to stop.  I shook the panic out of my body--it was very startling.  'Funny that...I woke up an hour early today.  Well, I can't blame them.  They seemed very grumpy about something and definitely needed an outlet.  Which became me very quickly.  I'm always glad to be there for my soulmate when they come to me at different times of the day just as I go to them.  Well...when I say "come to" and "go to" I actually mean--we just touch our soulmark to send through our emotions as always...I still haven't met them.'

I, as usual, told my imaginary audience.  Today is the first work day of the week; just as it is every other week.  I get up, either to my soulmate's emotions waking me or my annoying alarm, shower and get ready for the day and then go to work.  This has been a good and healthy lifestyle for me every since I was nineteen.  I've had my shower and I've put on my gloves.  I've had breakfast and gotten my purse ready for work--keys, wallet, phone, lipstick, small mirror, small hairbrush and spare gloves plus an eye patch and a hair clip.  Sometimes I like to clip my fringe away from my left eye--mostly while cooking--so I put the eye patch on.

The mini hairbrush is for emergency windy days and the mini mirror and the lipstick is because my friends and coworkers told me it was essential.  I personally hate makeup.  Always have and always will.  But my friends all wear makeup and they all go shopping to the mall every afternoon--even if they buy nothing but food at the end of the day--and so I'm forced to join them.  Because, that's apparently what other women my age do.  I guess I'm the only girl in my friends group who isn't a girly girl.

I guess...they kinda force me to wear makeup everyday as well as nail polish.  I could do with some better friends--they don't even like anime.  I'm the only woman who spends her free afternoons and evenings watching anime.  Today I'm wearing (second fave. colour) sandals--it's summer--(second fave. colour) nail polish on my hands and toes, a black skirt that goes to my thighs and a (fave. colour) shirt.  My gloves are a matching black.  My makeup consists of light pink blush, (fave. colour) eye shadow, black cat eyeliner and red lipstick--the lipstick that's in my purse.  I've tucked my shirt into my skirt and added a matching black belt to complete the look.

The girls and I decided over yesterday's lunch, to dress and do our makeup with our favourite colours mixed with black.  We have no dress code and all work at the same cafe and bakery, so we all make an effort.  The victor decides whether we go to the mall in the afternoon, watch movies or game in the afternoon or evening, have a sleepover, et cetera, et cetera.  Over the weekend we just chill and wear whatever without any challenge.  This is because we often go to the mall over the weekend anyway.

The alarm stopped my thoughts again, letting me know it's time to leave for work.  I quickly turned it off, sprang to my feet and grabbed my purse and keys.  I locked the door to my apartment before putting the keys into my purse and hurrying to work.  I had to take the stairs today, because the maximum amount of people in the lift is six and yesterday eight people decided to use it at the same time without waiting.  So it's broken again.  I'm on the twelfth floor out of fifteen, so I don't have it as bad as others.  'Besides, I like long walks even if it is an incredibly long staircase--it allows my mind to wander like this.'

As per usual I made it to work at exactly ten to nine.  I hung my purse on my work peg.  Everyone who worked here had a set peg on the wall to put their rain jacket, hat, bag, et cetera, on.  After I had a sip of water I went into the kitchen and began to bake some fresh foods in place of the cook/baker.  It was my turn today.  I had until ten am to bake and cook some foods for today's menu.  Mel's parents owned this cafe before they (Mel) did.  Mel was kind enough to let me work there.