I Love You

august

it was officially closing night of firebringer, and robert couldn't be sadder. this was his family and he loved every moment he shared with them. grace was also slightly sad about the show ending. she had become so close with the cast and she loved seeing robert interact with his friends. every show night, grace would buy a ticket and hang out with the cast and crew before the house opened she would hop in line outside of the theatre so she could get a good spot. she absolutely loved starkid before all of this, but know it held a place in her heart.

grace was now sitting on the stage, robert sat behind her, his chest pressed against her's and his head resting on her shoulder as she scrolled through instagram. robert tried to look and focus on what was on her screen but he couldn't. it had been about a month since they hung out with grace's friends and robert can't get the conversation with tristen. all robert knew was he had these strong feelings for grace that at the moment he could only describe him as liking her very much. but even that didn't quite fit his feelings.

"hey robby i should head out to the line." grace said turning around to look at him. she smiled up at him before standing up, robert following suit. he stood in front of her, a dopey smile on his face. grace looked at him and saw a look in his eyes that she had never seen before. "why are you looking at me like that?" she asked with a smile.

"oh, oh it's nothing." he said with the same dopey smile but this time he was biting his lip, trying to contain it.

"it has to be something. come on tell me." grace said, smacking his chest as she chuckled. robert looked down at her, and before he knew it, he blurted out something he might regret saying.

"i love you." he said. looking down at her. his eyes widened when he realized what he said, and so did her's. he didn't know if he was happy or not that he had said it. on one hand, it felt good to say. it felt right. but on the other hand, she seemed shocked and it made him worried that he should've waited. grace opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted by lauren telling robert he had to get backstage. grace looked at robert as he nodded with her mouth agape. he turned back around and gave grace a kiss on the cheek before walking backstage.

grace stood still for a little before going and finding her seat, seeing as people started to walk into the theatre. she sat in her seat, trying to take in what had just happened. it wasn't that she didn't love him back. no, she was in love with the boy before she had even met him. and now that they were dating, it had only grown. she loved him she just didn't realize he felt the same.

grace tried her best to focus on the show, but she was anxious to see robert again and to tell him that she loved him too. but for now she sat in the audience watching him play snarl's left paw.

once the play was over, grace tried to stay in her spot and wait for the audience to leave. but once she saw robert walk out, she couldn't help herself from running over to him and give him a hug.

"woah." robert chuckled as he grabbed the girl who had ran towards him as fast as she could. "what's this about?" he asked, pulling away and looked at her.

"i love you too." she said as she looked at him. she saw a smile grow on his face before he grabbed her back in a hug.

a/n: cute cute cute!!! also this chapter is so fitting for not only the story but because i love you all so much. because WE HIT 3K AND WE'RE #1 IN STARKID FANFICTION TAG. literally thank you all so much and i love you all!!!