(3) Ace of spades

She gets out of the car and I follow her down driveway trying not to touch the many cars parked there.

She knocks on the door with a huge smile on her face, and when the door opens her smile disappears. Standing in front of us is a tall muscular guy, with an intense stare, and a creepy grin. I would find him attractive if he wasn't looking at us like we are his next meal.

"Hey Clara, I see you brought me a new plaything, and this one is cuter than most." He looks me up and down biting his lip, and I fight the need to kick him in the nuts. My parents raised me better than that.

"Out of the way Viper, I'm not in the mood for your immature ways." She says as she pushes past him and pulls me inside.

There are about 20 people in the living room dancing to dubstep music and tripping over each other. I bite back a laugh when I see a girl falling headfirst over the couch. Lord forgive me, but that was funny.

The tall guy's voice pulls me out of my thoughts.

"I'm immature Clara? You know better than most I'm not, and I wanna have a good time tonight, with or without you."

He wraps an arm around a blond girl's body and kisses her forcefully. The chick doesn't seem to mind as she kisses him back, but I can't help but think that was way too forward of him. I feel my hands clutch at my sides upset. Clara rolls her eyes in his direction.

"Please tell you didn't date that guy," I say looking at him as he scoops Another girl under his arm.

"Unfortunately I did in high school. I only dated him because I never had a boyfriend and I thought why not, ya know? But I quickly regretted dating Viper."

I shake my head. "Thank goodness, that guy gives me the creeps, no offense."

She shrugs. "None taken, come on, I'm sure my brother is upstairs playing pool or something."

She takes my hand in hers and walks up the stairs. People are making out on them, and we have to slide past them cautiously, making sure not to fall. Once we finally get to the top she pulls me into a rec room, with a few pinball machines and a pool table. The room is empty but clearly people have been drinking in hear with all the bottles everywhere.

"This place is nice," I comment and run my fingers over the pool table.

"I know right? My brother lives here with his roommate and best friend Cameron. It's how he is able to afford it. He should be here, I'll text him."

She pulls her phone out and I sense a bad presence. I turn around and sure enough that Viper guy is strutting through the door with a redhead clung to his arm. He pulls her off and stands uncomfortably close in front of me.

"I haven't actually got the chance to introduce myself since Carla was being so rude. I'm Viper, and you are?"

"Leave her alone Viper, I'm warning you," Clara says glaring at him, but he ignores her as he continues staring at me.

"I'm Heather," I say dryly hoping he will take the hint. He winks at me, and I fight the cringe, his hand moves towards my arm, but before he can touch me, and deep voice fills the room.

"Don't you dare touch her Viper. You lay a hand on her or Clara and you will surely lose it."

I look up at the mystery man defending us, and I try not to drool. He is drop-dead gorgeous in his leather jacket and distressed jeans. He has the most perfect tattoos I've ever seen running down both of his arms. He flips his dark hair back and smiles at me, but then he returns his attention towards Viper and glares at him.