(8) Sinful taste

One week later:

"Ace, I'm pretty sure you should be putting a cookie sheet down before placing the dough," I tell him as I undo his mistake.

Ace sighs.

"I'm terrible at this, why couldn't Clara help you Cupcake?"

I give him a pointed look.

"I told you... She's doing overtime at work, and these cookies will make a lot of church kids happy."

He nods but then mumbles something under his breath, so I take a piece of dough and flick it at him. I laugh as it perfectly lands on his cheek.

He turns slowly to face me and his expression is playful yet challenging. He eats the piece of dough, the flicks one at me. It lands on my nose, and I playfully glared at him.

"Opps, It must have slipped out of my hand. I'll get that for you." He comes towards me and eats the dough off the tip of my nose.

Ace and I haven't stopped flirting since the last time we kissed, but we haven't crossed that line.

Ace winks at me before returning to the cookies. I see some of his tattoos peeking through his long-sleeved shirt, and a realization hits me.

"You know Ace, I've examined almost all of your artwork, except for the art on your body."

I've only seen his tattoos briefly since I didn't want to get caught staring at him for too long. I bite my lip a little, at the thought of him undressing for me, and then silently he does just that.

He takes his apron off, then pulls his black shirt over his head, tossing it on the island.

Holy mother of... I hadn't realized all the tattoos on his back before.

"Take a look Cupcake, I love the way you talk about art to me. It's kinda hot."

I chuckle as I get closer to him. I run my fingers down a tattoo of a wounded pegasus. He shivers slightly under my feather-light touch. Then I see writing going down his back.

"If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward," I whisper the quote softly.

"Martin Luther King Jr." He adds while making more dough balls.

"I think it suits you," I mumble.

I inspect his left arm and see an oceanic tattoo sleeve. It looks like something out of a painting. It takes my breath away. This other arm has a universe sleeve, and it's just as beautiful. My fingers trail over it, and I hear his breathing quicken.

"Both places are incredibly mysterious, and undiscovered. Possibly misunderstood. That also suits you Ace."

Then on the side of his neck I see an Ace of spades symbol. My mind gets an idea that I may regret, but I can't help.

I lean forward and softly press my lips to the tattoo on his neck, and Ace inhales sharply. My heart races.

"Careful Cupcake, you're playing a very dangerous game, and I'm starting to get the idea that you like the thought of it."

He says this in a husky, deep voice that I can't get enough of, so I press my lips to his neck again, lingering this time.

I gasp as he suddenly picks me up and puts me up on the counter. His hands are gripping my hips, his lips are an inch away, and there is no space between our bodies. Then I feel something pushing against my core... oh my gosh.

"Ah... Ace. You feel um..."

"Hard?" He whispers over my lips. I nod nervously.

"Yeah, that what happens when you turn a man on, Cupcake." He kisses me then, like a starved man, and my head spins with the amount of passion behind it.