4

Mia was never particularly academic, she wasn't terrible in school. She never really applied herself or tried to do well on tests. So it's hard to tell what's she would actually be capable of.

Walking into school on Monday, she was wearing a slightly more daring outfit. She wore a short black dress with a pair of fishnets and platform doc martens. Paired with this was a denim jacket which was quite worn and oversized, marking the outfit slightly more dress code appropriate. Not that anyone actually stuck to the dress code in their damn school. Mia made her way through the hallways, alone as usual.

Sure she had Kat as a friend but Kat had her own group of friends. They only really hung out outside of school hours. Mia didn't mind being alone though, she was used to it. Content in not having to socialise with people she would rather not. When lunch time approached Mia made her way round the back of the school. This is the area most kids would go to smoke or book up. Mia sat on one of the steps, pulling a cigarette out of her backpack. Mia wasn't dumb enough to smoke weed at school. So she stuck to cigarettes while she was still on school property. Besides, she would always smoke with Fez after school anyway. She smiled as she thought of Fez, finding herself doing that more and more often these days. Mia wished that he would just make some kind of move. But she also knew that he was worried because of their age gap. That, and the fact that he was her dealer. She saw another person make their way over to where she was sitting. It was a boy, he looked to be her age.

"Hey." He greeted, pulling out a carton of cigarettes. Bringing one to his lips, he started patting down his pockets and cursed to himself.

"Hey do you have a lighter?" He asked, she wordlessly handed him her pink lighter and watched as he lit the stick and handed it back to her.

"I'm Ethan." He offered his hand to her, which she ignored.

"Mia." She stated with a slight smirk on her face, not wanting to look like a total bitch but also not really wanting to talk to this random boy.

"Oh I know who you are." She raised her brows at this.

"Oh just meaning like , you know." He stuttered looking a bit flustered.

"No I don't, please do enlighten me."

"Well you know, you kind of have a reputation around here." He stated matter of factly like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"And what's that?" She questioned, standing so she was more eye level with him.

The boy didn't reply, Mia stomped out her cigarette butt under her heavy boot before turning to walk inside.

Ethan cursed to himself, he had wanted to talk to Mia ever since she had moved here. But was always too intimidated by her mysterious aura and how she always travelled alone. He had fucked it all up now. He had only meant that she was know for going to every party and getting fucked up. Ethan stomped on his half finished cigarette, he doesn't even smoke. He just wanted an excuse to talk to the girl and he knew that she went for a cigarette during lunchtime everyday. Great fucking going Ethan. He thought to himself.

Mia was relieved when the bell rang signalling that she could finally leave. She felt slightly giddy, walking towards Fezco's shop. She felt like the other night had signified a shift in their relationship. Like they were closer now.

Fezco was sat in his usual lawn chair, waiting for his favourite girl to come by like she does everyday. He was smoking his joint and he saw her as soon as she turned onto the street. She was impossible to miss. He held his breath as he took in her outfit, the dress exposing her long legs and the fishnets exposing some of her tanned skin. She grinned when she saw him skipping up to him happily, which made him smile.