7

The longer Mia spent alone the more time she had with her thoughts. Which had proved to be quite dangerous in the past. She was in desperate need of a party, it had been too long since she had truly let herself go. Not counting her escapades from the previous week, since that was not a particularly enjoyable state of intoxication. Although she had been spending more time with Fez and Rue she felt the urge to just forget all of her troubles. If even for just the night. Mia did feel slightly guilty, she had been stealing her mother's prescription of Xanax. Popping a few pills every day, Fez had seemed so proud of her for not buying any drugs recently. Mia cursed herself internally, since when do I need someone's permission to do what the fuck I want? Have I really let myself become this attached?

Mia decided that she needed to find some drugs and a party tonight. It was a Thursday so the chances of anyone at her school throwing a party that night were slim to none. She reminded herself of her fake ID that she had made over a year ago. She then decided that she would ask Kat if she wanted to go out clubbing with her, and if not then she would just have to go alone. She wasn't about to ask Rue, a recovering drug addict and she definitely wasn't about to ask Fezco. Her chest clenched at the thought of him, he had been invading her thoughts too often lately. Mia hated the lack of control, she had never really had to worry about boys before. Normally boys were quick to make a move on her, asking her out. However, Fez was a complete mystery to her. There were times where she was almost sure he reciprocated her feelings, however other times where he simply treated her as a best friend. Mia really didn't want to embarrass herself by confronting him with her feeling's. Sure, the two often flirted. But nothing really came of it. Mia groaned, leaning back in her chair. Her head was hurting from all of this thinking.  The bell rang indicating that it was now lunch time, making up her mind she made her way towards Kat who was sat closer to the front of the classroom.

"Hey Kat!" She called to the girl, Kat noticed her friend making her way towards her and smiled. "What's up, McKenzie?" The two began walking towards the cafeteria together.

"We're going out tonight." The shorter girl stated.

"Oh really? I mean I'm not objecting, but what's brought this on?" Kat questioned, slightly skeptical of her friends motives.

"I'm just fucking bored, come on, let's get totally totally fucked?" Mia pressed, Kat seemed to think about it for a second before cracking a smile. "Okay.." she gave in making Mia cheer silently, looping their arms together.

"Yes! Knew I could count on you, this is why your my best friend."

"I'm your only friend, Mia." Kat stayed with a slight chuckle. Mia laughed knowing she couldn't argue with the girl on that. "But where are we gonna go, no-ones having any parties tonight." Kat questioned, making Mia roll her eyes.

"That's why we-my dear friend are hitting the clubs!"

-

Mia decided she would go to see Fez after school, she couldn't go a day without seeing the boy. Making her way towards the familiar shop she didn't spot him in his usual lawn chair. She made her way inside the small shop, the little bell dinging to announce her entrance. She smiled when she spotted him standing behind the register, he looked up and their eyes locked. Mia swore she stopped breathing for a second as his intense eyes studied her. After a second she recovered and made her way towards the boy who was stood at the opposite end of the shop.

"Miss me?" She questioned smugly as she leaned against the counter. Fez smiled at her, he had truthfully been waiting for her to make her appearance.

"Not as much as you missed me, you always coming to see me and shit." He smirked, happy at the thought. "Yeah well today I'm not just here for you, big man." She laughed, "I'm here as a paying customer."

Fez couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed, he had been secretly proud of the girl who hadn't bought drugs from him in a little while. Mia noticed the discomfort in his expression. "Me and Kat are going out tonight." She explained further, however this didn't seem to comfort Fez.

"Oh for real? You need a ride?" He asked, which made Mia smile at his thoughtfulness.

"I mean you don't have to.. like go out of your way or anything." She trailed, Fez cleared his throat.

"Nah it's cool, I'd rather know your safe. Don't want your crazy ass runnin bout the streets alone." He smirked, making Mia laugh.

"Yeah, you right." She agreed.

"So what shit you need?" He questioned as casual as possible. "Fez... c'mon, when was the last time I bought shit from you?"

"Fuckin' two days ago." He stated, matter of factly. Mia rolled her eyes, as she moved to sit on the counter top. "Yeah but that was just weed, man. I need party drugs, Fezzie." Mia pouted, making Fez huff.

"I already told you I don't like you takin' that shit. I'm just looking out for you." As much as the sentiment touched her, Mia was growing frustrated with his lack of cooperation.

"Thanks dad, but you already know I have other places I can take my business if you ain't willing to serve me." She mocked, leaning towards the older boy.

"You a real brat you know?" He taunted, resting his hands on either side of the counter where Mia was sat. She held her breath, becoming lost in his icy blue eyes. "So, um.. you gonna get me my drugs or what?" She asked jumping down from where she was previously perched.

"Aight' what you need?" He cleared his throat. Following her to the back of the store. "Just some Molly." She answered, Fez frowned at her. She rolled her eyes at his disapproving stare.

"Oh come on, you act like I'm some kind of drug addict." She bumped him with her hip. "It's just molly, unless your selling me some dodgy shit." She teased, Fez sighed realising that he was fighting a losing battle.

"Aight' but you only getting 1 G and I'm coming out with you." He declared, weighing out the MDMA. Mia gave in with a reluctant shrug.

"Fine! If you wanted to hang you should have just asked though." She smirked, passing him some notes. He pushed her hand away from him.

"Nah you ain't gotta pay." Mia smiled, "Wow the service here really is great, huh?"

"Just get outta here before I change my mind." He bustled, Mia grinned at the boy.

"Ok ok, I gotta go get ready anyway."

"Aight I'll pick you up tonight, text me." He ordered, "Later loser." She called out making her way out of the store.

Fez watched the girl leave, her long dark hair flowing behind her as she skipped out of his sight.

I'm so fucked.

-
A/N

So I finally updated lmao, sorry for the wait I just had a bit of writers block. Thanks for all the support on this book, imma try to upload more frequently 🥺🤍