6

When Mia woke up, her head was pounding and her mouth was dry. She was alone in her bathroom, laying next to the toilet where the smell of her own vomit nauseated her further. She checked her phone and saw that it was the next day, the time was 8:30 meaning she was probably going to be late for school again. What the fuck happened last night?

The last thing she remembered was taking some lines of coke and getting drunk after her parents yelled at her. She spotted an empty bottle of vodka next to where she had been sleeping. That explains the vomiting.

After jumping in the shower, Mia pulled on an oversized black hoodie along with a pair of Nike spandex shorts. Slipping on her air forces she caught her reflection in the bathroom mirror and flinched. I look like shit.

Mia pulled on a pair of dark sunglasses to cover up her sunken, tired eyes. Pulling out her bottle of anti depressants, she popped 2 and looked in her medicine cabinet for her mom's Xanax. After stealing a few from the bottle she grabbed her bag, and made her way to school.

Surprisingly, Mia made it to class only 5 minutes late which her teacher gave her shit for but she was too hungover to care. After class she saw Rue approach her, with Jules by her side.

"Um, hey.." Rue greeted the girl, awkwardly. They had never really conversed with each other without Fez being there.

"Hey" Mia forced a smile, Rue took in the girls disheveled appearance and frowned slightly.

"We're just a wondering if your alright, you know you can hang with us whenever." Jules chatted, Mia returned a small smile.

"Did Fez put you up to this?" The girl asked warily, it had been a long time since she had had real friends. And Fez was aware that he was her only real friend along with Kat.

Rue frowned, "No you just look like you need a friend, also you seem pretty cool." Mia gave a genuine smile at her response, cheering the other two girls up.

"Ok sure, gets kinda lonely being a loner all the time."

Rue chuckled, "Your not a complete loner, you spend enough time with Fez." Mia blushed slightly, then frowned remembering how he had ignored her calls last night.

"Yeah I think he might be getting sick of me though." Mia joked, though there was a slight concern to her tone. Like she believed her words.

"Yeah right, that boys totally in love with you." Jules snorted, making Rue laugh. Mia shook her head, wanting to believe the girls words so badly.

Why would he ever be interested in you? Your just some kid that hangs around him.

The voice inside Mia's head taunted her, hurting her own feelings. She shook her head, trying to rid herself of the negative thoughts.

"Nah, it's not like that." Mia explained, the two girls did not look convinced.

"For real though, I really think he likes you. And it definitely seemed like there was something going on with you two at Nates." Rue concluded, smirking at the blushing girl.

"He just thinks of me as a little sister." Mia explained, not very convincingly.

"Look I'm not gonna bug you about this anymore, but I just gotta tell you something. If your just with him to get drugs I don't think it's a good idea." Rue's comment stung Mia, although she could see where she had gotten that idea.

"I'm not interested in him because he's a dealer, he doesn't even sell me shit." Mia snapped trying not to get too worked up.

Rue observed the girl, and feeling bold she leaned forewords, removing her sunglasses. Revealing her bloodshot eyes, and extremely dilated pupils. Rue could tell that the girl wasn't sober from first hand experience, she could also tell that the girl was most likely suffering from a substance abuse problem. Maybe not as bad as her own, but her mannerisms suggested so.