Chapter~1

This maze is neverending, I don't even know or remember how I ended up in here. I run back and forth twisting around every corner to find the end. where even am I? I feel like I'm going crazy the walls seem to almost close in with their identically stretching wooden walls and the creaky floorboards making a noise every time I took a step. my heart was beating and I felt unsafe, I couldn't tell if I was alone or surrounded by something of a shadow that is unable to be seen by the human eye.

It felt like the shadows that weren't spoilt by the overhanging lanterns were crawling up my back trying to drag me below the ground, I kept sprinting my breathing was unbalanced and almost crazy making me want to faint.  I want to escape, I need to escape but I was haunted by the horrible thought of never escaping, the thought of never seeing any human being again, ever seeing my family or friends.

I must be going completely crazy.

My legs hurt, my knees hurt and my feet hurt, I want to collapse into a neverending sleep. when I look up to see the lanterns they were swaying violently, this made me feel uneasy and scared. I continued to run but what stopped in my tracks with fear when the lanterns all stopped working, the hallway turned into what could be a shadows paradise. 

I felt frozen in place with fear and my knees buckled from both the feeling of fear and exhaustion. I didn't know what was going to happen, but I could tell it was going to be something bad; But what if nothing was to happen, and it was just a sudden power outage?

To be honest I doubted that thought as soon as it popped into my head.

A horrible sound began echoing throughout the hall, a sound that I had never heard before but oddly sounded familiar, a monstrous shadow started forming slowly at the end of the long corridor that I had stopped halfway in. I was completely frozen in fear, and the air began to develop an icy chill, the figure was really tall and extremely thin but showed no signs of bones. Its eyes were completely white without pupils. The figure was so tall it was hunched over in the hall with its back against the ceiling.

I couldn't move. I felt paralyzed on the spot, so many emotions flooded my body but fear stood out the most by far. The sudden thought to 'freaking move' popped into my head and I began to turn around as fast as possible and began sprinting like I was in some sort of marathon. As I turned I noticed the figure at the end of the corridor begin to run too. I winded around the corners, it did the same. I then came to a stop from a two-way corridor, I took my chances and ran left. I was in so much physical pain from running so much and wanted faint again.

I then came t another stop one I couldn't get out of. it was a dead-end blocked by metal bars. there was no way for me to escape.