Chapter~8

why was this happening to me? what did I do to deserve all this?- my vision had finally come back still with a slight blur, I looked up, the two monsters were gone all that remained were a puddle of black rose petals and a pile that reminded me of the galaxy. I looked back down to my knees and they were bandaged up. I didn't know how or understand why. but then I noticed a girl at the end of the hall, the feeling of joy and fear filled my body. another human. the girl wore a pair of overalls and some blue converse sneakers, she had slightly fluffy, faded green hair and wore some blue glasses. she stood at the end of the hall tossing a roll of bandages, up and down. she placed the bandages in her pocket and turned on her heel and began to run in the opposite direction from me until she went around the corner out of my sight. I wanted to yell at her to come back, but my throat was sore and I was unable to from being in as much pain as I was.

I began to try to stand up so I could follow her, my legs had given up on me. I didn't know what to do except to just lay there and give up on the remaining bits of my life. My thoughts were then interrupted by the girl coming back. This time she returned with three other kids.

Two boys and a girl. One of the boys had black hair, he wore a black hoodie, black jeans and wore some red converse. The second boy had a faded pinkish-red coloured hair, he wore an orange hoodie, black jeans and wore red converse. The other girl was shorter and looked slightly younger. She had blonde hair, wore a purple sweater and a pastel yellow knee high skirt with dark purple high tops.

They all just stood there in a line and were staring. I had the feeling of fear grasp me again. The faded green haired girl came towards me again until she was leaned over top of me. I felt uncomfortable. The pain had seemed to be the least of my worries. The other three children seemed to surround me. The faded green haired girl put out her hand. I lifted mine to take it, my hand seemed to be hesitant. It took me a second, but I took it. Her hand felt warm. The first bit of warmth I've felt in a while.

She began to pull me up to my feet. I felt the pain shock through my body almost instantly and I stood with a clear limp. I looked around at the other kids. The reddish-pink haired boy waved, the blond girl stuck up a peace sign while the black haired boy looked away to the ground. "My name is Ayla" the faded green hair girl said as she tilted her head to the side in a friendly manner. I tried to speak, nothing came out at first, "my name is Ava" is said I looked down to my feet in embarrassment almost. Ayla was still holding my hand. "The black haired boys name is Syadie, the blonde girl is Keira and the red haired boy is Joshua" she said point at them as she spoke.

"I know it's weird that we showed up outta nowhere and that you probably think we're one of those shape shifting monsters or something like that. But we're not. We're just some friends who got stuck here. We still don't even know how, but we need to find out" Ayla continued. My fear seemed to calm but was still definitely there. "I still don't know how I got here. But it's been complete hell since I woke up..." I began to say. I felt tears swell in my eyes. "This place is a nightmare. This whole thing has to be a nightmare" I continued, the tears began to fall down my face. I felt some arms wrap around me. I turned around to see Keira hugging me. Syadie patted my head.
"This place Is a nightmare" Ayla said.