The Disastrous Backstory of Izuku Midoriya Part 1

A/N(for future reference)- In this fic Izuku does have a quirk. It's just that neither he nor anyone else knows the application of said quirk. Izuku's quirk in this is called kinesis, one it allows him to lift objects with his mind, although the more weight he lifts the more mental stress he is put under. He can also create small sparks from his fingers, they can be used to light fires which he can then control, even distorting the size, but when he uses it too much with no breaks he will slowly develop burns on his body. If he concentrates really hard he can also control fire not made by him but the burns will develop quicker, and he has less control over the flames. (I basically tried my best to find a practical mix of his parents' canonical quirks) Nobody knows about the part where he can lift objects yet, and nobody knows what the sparks are for so he feels he has a useless quirk.

--------- 13 years old

Izuku was tired, really genuinely tired. Fatigue littered his mind as well as his body as he picked up his pace to make it home before 5. It had been a rough day for him, no rougher than normal, but still rough, even though it still had an amazing part. When he had woken up he tried to get out of his house quickly to avoid the barrage of insults he knew his father would drunkley throw at him if he were to be caught. Unfortunately luck was not on Izuku's side as he accidentally slipped up and heard the creek of a wooden floor panel beneath his foot. He quickly ran the rest of the way and pressed himself against the door, he tried to wrestle with the handle, but before he could get out of the door he could hear his father start to yell at him from the top of the stairs. It wasn't anything Izuku wasn't used to, it was the usual, 'Mistake', 'Useless','Weak', Izuku tried to numb himself to the pain that the words caused. He fumbled for a few more seconds before tripping through the door and running off to school.

When he had gotten to school he was immediately shoved to the ground by the mass of students around him, he didn't really know if it was purposeful or not but he supposed it was. He instinctively tightened his grip on his backpack straps as he weaved his way through the sea of students. This was fairly easy for him due to the fact that he was thin and short, abnormally so on both counts. The 13 year old finally made it to his classroom and sat in his normal seat, pulling out two different notebooks. One was for his first subject and the other was for his main hobby of analyzing heros and their quirks. Izuku didn't know this but if anyone else looked at his notes they could tell you that Izuku's observation and analysis skills were amazing. He had dedicated so much time to his hobby because he had always wanted to be a hero. But it didn't seem likely that he would be able to become one, because his quirk only allowed him to make measly sparks on the tips of his fingertips. But he continued to analyze heros, their quirks, their fighting styles, their pros and cons, their support items, how they could improve themselves, Izuku did everything he could. Sometimes he even managed to have sections on their personalities. All of his endless analysis caused him to be really good at strategy, and quickly analyzing the people around him.

Izuku, for lack of anything better to do, had started to train himself, not his quirk because he knew that it was virtually useless. But his body, he had started to base his training off what he had observed from heros, finally his analysis skills had come in handy for something. He started about 3 years ago when he was 10, starting to teach himself how to fight. He had been training hard for the past three years and he was pretty decent in a fight, he could hold his own against people even when they were using their quirks, mostly because he was so nimble, due to his small stature he was able to move around very quickly. Most of the power in his attacks had to do with his momentum, his speed, his punches alone weren't that hard due to his small body, but he had trained himself to be able to attack and make his attacks hurt. He had also trained himself to use the opponent's strengths against them, it was all pretty basic stuff that he learned by observing heros in action, after all heroes aren't dumb enough to only rely on their quirks.