Mysteries, Meetings, and Malfunctioning Sinks

I wrote this instead of doing school work. Whoops.
______________________________________________________________________________

Izuku yawned as he woke up, and he stretched his arms above his head. He rubbed his eyes, and let them adjust to the dim lighting of the room, before scanning his surroundings, only briefly forgetting he wasn't at his father's apartment. He dismally remembered that he had school today, and sluggishly got out of bed, heading for the closet where he had put his things. He was a bit confused to see his UA uniform hanging up in the closet, but he figured that Hizashi must've hung it up for him. He silently panicked about his vigilante outfit being found, but remember that he had hidden it separate from where he had lazily dumped his uniform.

He slipped into his UA uniform, and then glanced around his room, wondering what he was going to do until school started. He grabbed his phone and checked the time, he was glad that he didn't sleep the day away. He thought about the prospect of school today, or more accurately the prospect of starting to figure who the traitor could be. He wanted to help people, he really did, and he felt a need, a responsibility to find the traitor, but social interaction was definitely not his forte. He was snapped out of his thoughts by an ear-splitting shout from Yamada.

"Kids, breakfast!" Yamada shouted, although the yell got quieter, and more normal about halfway through the phrase. Izuku suspected that Aizawa had used his quirk on the man. Izuku's stomach felt light, and airy at the phrase, but he couldn't figure out why. He supposed that it had something to do with the fact that they were all so nice to him, but he knew he shouldn't get used to it, he couldn't stay with them forever, after all. Izuku grabbed his backpack and walked down the stairs slowly and cautiously. When Izuku found his way to the kitchen he smelled coffee and bacon, and he loved smelling coffee and bacon.

"Midoriya! Good morning! Help yourself to coffee, and food, I made enough for everyone." Yamada said, and Izuku smiled at him. He grabbed a mug and poured himself some coffee, got a few pieces of bacon, and some eggs and sat down at the kitchen table. He noticed that they had added an extra chair for him, and that made his heart constrict in a similar way that getting a curfew had done. Izuku hastily ate his breakfast, not making any attempt at communicating with the family he felt he was so rudely interrupting. When everyone had finished eating, and the four insomniacs had acquired a thermos of coffee for each of them, everyone had started to gather the rest of their stuff.

"Okay, Hitoshi, Fumikage, and Midoriya are all riding with me today, Hizashi is going alone." Aizawa told the kids. The three of them nodded and followed Aizawa to his car. Hitoshi sat in the front, and Fumikage and Izuku sat in the back. Obviously, Aizawa was driving. The car ride was relatively silent, the only noise being the semi-often sounds the car would make. Hitoshi had taken to reading a book, while Fumikage had his head pressed against the window, tring to block out the pecking from Dark Shadow. Izuku was looking out the window, sometimes leaning up to  take a glimpse at Hitoshi's book, or swatting around with Dark Shadow. When they all got to school, Shota discreetly dropped them off at the front, and then drove around to get to the teachers parking area.

The four of them conversed lightly as they walked up to the classroom, and Izuku had to resist the urge to talk about the UA traitor, almost slipping up more times than he'd like to admit. The three of them bumped into Tenya, Toru, and Momo as they walked up, and the groups merged into one.

"How are you three this morning?" Momo asked cheerfully, her eyes gleaming with excitement, and awaiting the challenges of a new day.

"Fine, I guess." Hitoshi muttered, and sipped his coffee, the other two nodding in agreement.

"You three didn't get much sleep last night, did you?" Toru inquires, leaning over to look the three in the eyes for a moment before straightening back up and checking the time on her phone.