Chapter 7

~Your Pov~

"Yeah. Well, let's keep on trucking," We walk towards the invisible elevator. I've forgotten about all about this.

"I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier? The elevator's by far the most efficient way to get around the factory," We walk inside the elevator. "There can't be these many floors," Mike pointed out.

"How do you know Mr. Smarty-Pants?" Willy asked. "This isn't an ordinary up-and-down elevator, by the way. This elevator goes sideways, longways, slantways and any other ways you can think of. You just press any button and, whoosh, you're off,"

I closed my eyes "You can open them now Y/N," I open my eyes to find myself in Willy's arms. I pulled away "Sorry," I looked away "It's alright," He smiles. "Oh look. Look!" Willy pointed. 

"Ladies and gentlemen welcome to fudge mountain," We passed the mountain as I noticed the place where Willy makes cotton candy. Mike and Charlie looked at Willy "I'd rather not talk about this one,"

I look down to see we're passing by the puppet hospital "This is the puppet hospital and burn center," I held on the wall of the elevator.

"You ok Y/N?" Charlie asked as I nodded my head. 

"Why is everything here completely pointless," Charlie turns to Mike "Candy doesn't have a point. That's why it's candy," Willy smiled at Charlie's response. 

"It's stupid! Candy is a waste of time,"

I open the door to see "Willy what are you doing here?" I asked "My dad won't support my future and I want you to come with me," Willy grab my hand as he drags me into a museum as we walk through the flags of the world.

"Sorry kids but we're closed for the night," The security guard said as we left the museum "I'm sure your dad will re-think your future," I reassure Willy as I turn around to find his house gone.

"I want to pick a room," Mike told Willy "Go ahead," Mike turn's to the button's choosing the television room.

"Here. Put these on quickly and don't take them off whatever you do. This light could burn your eyeballs right out of your skulls. And we certainly don't want that, now, do we?" We followed Willy around the testing room.

"This is the testing room for my very latest and greatest invention of television chocolate. One day, it occurred to me. Hey, if television can break up a photograph into millions and millions of tiny little pieces and send it whizzing through the air,"

"Then reassemble it on the other end. Why I can't I do the same thing with chocolate? Why can't I send a real bar of chocolate through the television, all ready to be eaten," Willy explained.

"It is impossible. You don't understand anything about science. First off, there's a difference between waves and particles. Duh!" 

"Second, the amount of power it would take to convert energy into the matter would be like nine atomic bombs," Mike said. "Mumbler! Seriously I cannot understand a single word you're saying," Willy stops Mike on talking.

"Okeydokey I shall now send a bar of chocolate from one end of the room to the other by television. Bring in the chocolate!" The Oompa Loompa's bring in a huge chocolate bar. 

"It's got to be a real big cause you know how TV you can film a regular-size man and he comes out looking this tall. Same basic principle," Willy pushes a button as we watch the chocolate bar disappearing.

"It's gone!" Charlie exclaims! "Told you. That bar of chocolate is now rushing through the air above our heads in a million tiny little pieces. Come over here," We followed Willy to the TV.

"Watch the screen!" I looked at the screen to see the chocolate bar slowly appearing. "Take it," Willy told Mike. "It's just a picture screen," Willy looked at Milke. "Scary cat,"

"You take it," Willy told Charlie as he grabs the chocolate bar out of the TV. "Eat it. Go on. It will be delicious. It's the same bar it just has gotten a little smaller journey that's all," Willy said as he took a bite out of it.

"It's great!" Charlie said. "So imagine you're sitting at home, watching television and suddenly a commercial came up will flash onto the screen," 

"A voice will say: Wonka's chocolates are the best in the world. If you don't believe us try one for yourself and you simply reach out and take it. How about that?" Willy said.

"So can you send other things? Say like, breakfast cereal?" Mr. Teavee asked. "Do you have any ideas about what breakfast cereal is made of? it's those little curly wooden shavings you find in pencil sharpeners,"

"But could you send it by television? If you wanted too?" Charlie asked. "Of course I could," Willy answered.

"What about people?" Mike asked. "Well, why would I want to send a person?. They don't taste very good," Willy said. 

"Don't you relized what you invented? It's a teleporter. It's the most important invention in the history of the world and all you think about is chocolate!"

"Calm down Mike. I think Mr.Wonka knows what he's talking about," Mr. Teavee tries to calm down Mike. "No, he doesn't! He has no idea. You think he's a genius but he's an idiot. But I'm not" Mike runs to push the button.

"Mike come back!" I yelled as it was too late he was on the television. "Let's go check the television see what we got," Willy said as we went through channels as we found Mike.

"Ew! Somebody grab him," Mr. Teavee grabs his son out of the television. "Oh thank heavens. He's completely unharmed,"

"Unharmed? What are you talking about?" He holds a tiny Mike. "Put me back in the other way," Mike says. "There is no other way. It's television, not a telephone. There's quite a difference," Willy said.

"And what exactly do you propose to do about it?" MrTeavee asked. "I don't know but young man are extremely springy they stretch like mad," Willy gaps. "Let's put him in the taffy puller,"

"Taffy Puller?!" Willy pouts "Hey that was my idea. Boy is he going to be skinny. Yeah. Taffy puller," Willy turns around to an Oompa Loompa. "I want you to take Mr. Teavee and his little boy up to the taffy puller ok?"

Mr.Teavee follows the Oompa Loompa as Willy sighs "On with the tour," I held Charlie's hand as we walk out of the testing room.