Chapter 9

Charlie's Pov

"Pity about that chocolate fella Wendell. Uh, Walter," The man said. "Willy Wonka," I corrected him.

"That's the one. Says here in the papers his new candies aren't selling very well. But I suppose maybe he's just a rotten egg who deserves it," He said. "Yup," I replied. "Oh really? You ever met him?," He asks.

"I did. I thought he was great at first but then he didn't turn out so nice. He also has a funny haircut," I said. 

"I do not!" I knew it was Willy Wonka. "Why are you here?" I asked. "I don't feel so hot. What makes you feel better when you feel terrible?" Willy asked. "My family," I replied as he sighs. "Ew,"

"What do you have against my family?" I stood up. "It's not just your family, it's the whole idea of....,"

"You know, they're always telling you what to do, what not to do, and it's not conducive to create atmosphere," Willy explained. 

"Usually, they're just trying to protect you, because they love you. If you don't believe me, you should ask," 

"Ask who, my father?" Willy asked as he laughs "No way. At least not by myself," Willy replied.

"You want me to go with you?" I asked. Willy looked at me with a smile "Hey...hey, what a good idea. Yeah!" Willy stood up as we began to walk "And you know what? I've got a transpor-" Willy bangs his head on the elevator.

"I have to be more careful where I park this thing," We walk into the elevator. 'Maybe godmother could help him!' "I know somebody else could help you," I exclaim. "Really? Who?" Willy asked.

"Just drive and you'll see," I told Willy as we start flying over houses. "Stop right here," I said as the elevator doors open. I run up to godmother's doorbell.

Your Pov

I hear the doorbell ring 'Who could it be?' I walk up to the door opening it to see Charlie and "Willy...,"

"Can you come with us to see Willy's dad?" Charlie asked. 'I haven't seen Willy's father in such a long time' "Please," Charlie begged as I looked up at Willy. "Alright, let me get my coat," I walk back inside to grab a coat as I locked my door.

 I walk with Charlie and Willy to the elevator as we make it to a snowy place finding a single building.  "I think we've got the wrong house," Willy said until I pointed at his father's sign outside.

Charlie ringed the doorbell to relieve Mr. Wonka "Do you have an appointment?" He asked. "No, but he's overdue," I replied as we walk inside the clinic. Willy's old childhood home.

 Willy sat down as I looked at the old photo's when Willy was younger. 

"Now, let's see what the damage is, shall we?" Mr. Wonka looked at Willy's teeth. I look back at the wall's to see newspaper articles of Willy's chocolate factory.

"So, this is where Mr. Wonka grew up?" I nodded my head. "It's been years since we've been back here," I replied.

"Heavens. I haven't seen bicuspids like these since...," I look back at Mr. Wonka "...since...," Mr. Wonka looked at Willy. "Willy?" He asked. "Hi, Dad," Willy replied as he sits up. "After all these years, and you haven't flossed," 

Willy shakes his head "Not once," Willy and his father awkwardly hugged each other. "Who they might be?" Mr. Wonka asked. Willy held his hand out to me as I grab it. "Dad it's Y/N," Mr. Wonka stared at me for a good minute.

"You've grown so much since the last I've seen you," Mr. Wonka gave me a hug as I hugged back. "Charlie my offer still stands. Will you come to live in the factory with me?" Willy asked.

"Under one condition,"

_______________________________________

"Can you put the green peas on the table?" Mrs. Bucket asked "Of course," I place them on the table as the door open's to relieve "Sorry, we're late. We were brainstorming," Charlie said as Willy tags along.

"Thought I heard lightning," Grandpa Joe said. "Can you stay over for dinner Willy?" Mr. Bucket asked. "Oh, yes please," I grab the bread out of the oven. I sat it down on the table as I sat across from Willy.

"You smell like peanuts. I love peanuts," Grandma Georgina said. "Oh, thank you. You smell like...old people and soap. I like it," Willy said as Grandma Georgina hugged Willy.

"Elbows off the table Charlie," I reminded him. "How do you feel about little raspberry kites?" Willy asked Charlie. "With licorice instead of a string," Charlie said. 

"Boys...no business at the dinner table," Mrs. Bucket remained them. "Sorry, mom,"

"I think you're onto something, though, Charlie," I smiled at the boys 

'They get along so well' 

___________________________________

"Willy, where are we going?" I curiously asked. "Somewhere special. Keep your eyes close," Willy said as I closed my eyes as he guides me. "Okay, you can open them," I open my eyes to find Willy down on one knee.

"I know I haven't been the best boyfriend but ever since we have gotten back together. I feel like a new person. So, will you marry me?"

"YES!" I hugged Willy. 'I never thought this day will ever happen'