Chapter 8

~Your Pov~

"There's still so much left to see. Now, how many children are left?" Willy asked.

"Willy, Charlie is the last one left," Willy stared at Charlie "You mean you're the only one?"

"Yes sir," Charlie answers. "What happened to the other's?" I look up at Willy as a smile appears on his face. "Oh, my dear boy. Well, that means you've won. Oh, I do congratulate you, I really do. I'm absolutely delighted,"

"I had a hunch, you know, right from the beginning. Well done. Now we must've dilly or dally because we have an enormous number of things to do before the day's out but luckily for us, we have a great glass elevator to speed things al-" Willy smacks his face onto the elevator.

"Willy! you ok!?" I help him up "Speed things along," He finishes his sentence. We walk into the elevator as Willy presses up and out "up and out? What kind of room is that?" Charlie asked.

"Hold on," Willy said as I knew what it meant. I held Charlie closed to me "Oh my goodness. We're going to need to go much faster. Otherwise, we'll just never breakthrough," Willy said.

"Breakthrough what?" Charlie asked. "I've been longing to press that button for years. Well, here we go," Willy said. 

"Charlie you might wanna hold on tight," I said. "Why?" Charlie asked as the elevator smash through the factory.

We look down as we see the other children leaving the factory."Where do you live?" Willy asked. "Right over there, that little house," Charlie said. 

We ended up smashing through the house "I think there's someone at the door," Georgina said

I let Charlie go "Mom, Dad we're back," I walk out of the elevator as Willy follows along. "This is Willy Wonka. He gave us a ride back home," Charlie said.

"You must be the boy's..."Parent's?" Mr. Bucket finishes off. "Yeah that," I nudge Willy. "Be nice," I whisper. "Charlie won something," I said. "Not just some something the most something of any something that's ever been,"

"I'm gonna give this little boy my entire factory," I stare at Willy in shock. He's worked so hard to create his factory why is he giving it up? "Are you serious Willy?" I asked.

"No really it's true cause you to see, a few months ago I was having my semi-annual haircut and I had the strangest revelation. In one sliver hair, I saw reflected my life's work, my factory, my beloved Oompa Loompa's, and me reconnecting with Y/N. Who would watch over them after I'm gone?"

"I realized at that moment I must find an heir and I did, Charlie. You," Willy explained. "That's why you sent out the golden tickets," Charlie said. 

"I invited five children to my factory and the one who was least rotten would be the winner,"

"So, what do you say? Are you ready to leave this all behind and come live with me at the factory?" Willy asked. "Sure. Of course. I mean it's alright for my family to come too?" Charlie asked.

"Oh, my dear boy, of course, they can't. You can't run a chocolate factory with a family hanging over you like an old dead goose. No offense,"

"None taken...jerk," Geroge said. "A chocolatier has to run free and solo. He has to follow his dreams gosh darn the consequences. Look at me I had no family and I'm a giant success," I sigh 'Willy you fucked up'

"So, if I go with you to the factory, I won't ever see my family again?" Charlie asked. "Yeah consider that a bonus," Charlie steps forward. 

"Then I'm not going I wouldn't give up my family for anything. Not for all the chocolates in the world,"

"Oh, I see. That's weird. There's other candy too besides chocolate," Willy said. "I'm sorry Mr. Wonka I'm staying here," Willy stares at Charlie in total shock. "Wow. Well, that's just unexpected and...weird," Willy walks back into the elevator.

"But I suppose, in that case, I'll just...Goodbye then...Sure you won't change your mind?" Willy asked. "I'm sure," Charlie answers.

"Okay. Y/N? are you coming?" I sigh "Like you said chocolatier has to run free and solo. I rather not ruin your freedom," I turn away I couldn't bear to look at him once more. I hear the elevator leaving the house.

"I can't believe you once dated that guy Y/N!" George exclaims. "I also can't believe I've once loved him," I mumble. 

"You dated Willy Wonka??!!" Charlie exclaims as I shyly nodded my head. "We were childhood friends," I answer as Charlie stares at me in total shock. "Wy didn't you tell me!" I sigh "I-I didn't want to bring back memories of the past. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, Charlie,"

Charlie sighs "I-It's fine," I sigh "I should get going," I got up "Y/N come here for a second," I walk over to Joe side. "I'm sorry thing's didn't turn out well as we wish for," I shake my head. "It's alright," I said as I left the buckets home.

'You never changed have you Willy?'