Something Blooms

Bea's note:

Happy 2k reads on this story! You guys are the best! I just write to kill the boredom and I really appreciate you reading this story no matter how cliché the plot is. Hahaha! But I'm really happy with reading your comments and that boosts me in writing more. Also, I'm so lucky that I get to interact with some of the writers I follow here in Wattpad, with them imparting their knowledge, that helps me a lot with writing this story. This chapter is a lot longer than my usual updates, just to make it special.

mademe19 this is for you. Hahahahaha!

•●•●•●•●•●•●●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

April 14, 2016, Thursday
YG University

Lisa's POV

A month had passed and somehow our classes started to pick up the pace. With the usual assignments, projects, and quizzes thrown our way, I couldn't help but think of dropping out and just live my life. Soon, we will have our mid-terms and the next thing you know, finals. Argh! Can this be any easier? Like, plainly exist then you'll have your degree of choice and do whatever you want! Sadly that's not how things work in real life. And in my life? Things are already mapped out for me. I may be rebelling on the side, but dad makes sure that I'd go back in track. That man doesn't give me a break at all.

In a few minutes my final subject will end and I decided to go to the mall to chill after this. Maybe just walk around a bit, do some window shopping since I don't have anything in mind to buy. Anything that would pass the time since I don't want to go straight home just yet.

I then paid attention to our professor that has been talking for over 2 hours now. I scribbled some notes, listened some more, and finally the bell rung.

"Okay guys, that's it for now. Don't forget to research on the 7 R's in logistics for that's where our discussion will be revolving next session. You all have a good day." Mr. Choi dismisses the class and I put my things inside my bag then head towards the door.

"Hey Lisa," I turned to where the voice came from, then I saw a petite girl with eyes that shine like Christmas season is around the corner. She's all smiles but I'm not familiar of her though. She seems excited and her enthusiasm is contagious. Should I smile to her or ignore her? She seemed to notice my dilemma and introduced herself, "Hi, I'm Esther Yu, I'm also your classmate in Total Quality Mgt. uhm remember the grouping assignment that Ms. Lee mentioned for our upcoming case studies?"

Don't know, don't care— oh come on Lisa enough with the attitude. "Y-Yeah, I remember. What about it?" I asked with a bit of chirp in my voice, which caused her to smile wider. Okay, girl calm down. "Well, our group lack one member. We asked around and they seemed to complete their list of members already, so can you join us?" she asked and looked hopeful into my eyes as she waits for my answer. I knitted my eyebrows and thought of what to say then panned my attention to the wall clock and to the floor.

Well if what she says is true, then I don't have a choice then. Seulgi and Wendy are in another schedule so I don't know anyone to be in a group with. This Esther seems to be fine so I'll just consider. I looked at her again and said, "Hmmn yeah, count me in and just tell me my part." I started to walk away since there's a few students left in the room and some are looking at our direction— nosy bastards. "Great! Thanks Lisa! I'll talk to you— I mean we'll discuss about it next meeting." I didn't bother looking back and just raised my hand as if to dismiss her.

I was about to cross towards the courtyards when I heard Wendy calling me, "Hey Mafullbangs! Where you headed?" I turned my head towards her with a scowl on my face and retorted, "Call me that one more time and you'll see my fist land on your egg-shaped face." She snorted and replied, "Hey no fair! You can call me names and I don't? Whatever dude. Anyway, where you up to? Chungha's? Gonna go tossing and tumbling on the sheets?" And that's Wendy, always the one poking fun at any situation she see fit. I just shook my head lightly and responded, "I thought about that earlier but nah, I don't go to her place unannounced not unless she calls for me." Besides, we don't hang out like couples do.