Catching Feelings

Bea's note:

Hello! It's been almost 2 weeks since I last updated. How is everyone doing? I hope you're doing fine and staying safe...and sane. Haha! Also, sorry guys I was caught up with work. I want to give my all in every update so I write when I feel like it.

BTW, HAPPY 4.2K READS GUYS! Thank you for giving this story a chance. I found my escape in writing and it feels so rewarding that you guys are appreciating this. Please be more patient with me as I slowly show you what happened in their past. But to be honest, we just basically scratched the tip of the iceberg. There's more to come.

And for that, here's a long‐ass update for you all! Enjoy! Haha!

Playlist for this chapter:

Then There's You by Charlie Puth
TG4M by Zara Larsson
Alien by Sabrina Carpenter, Jonas Blue

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

April 29, 2016, Friday
YG Student Union Building Cafeteria

Lisa's POV

"...but can we be friends... for the meantime?"

Really, Joohyun? Friends? To be honest, that...kinda stung. I didn't expect that she would turn me down though. Like, who does that? I even asked her out nicely and not in a way that would scare her off. But really? I don't get her. If her point is for us to know each other, we could just do that while we're dating. Right? I mean, isn't that the point of dating? Like, us getting to know each other and spending time together? But if that's what she wants, well I don't have a choice but to respect her decision. And if being a friend is what she would like us to be for the meantime, well I will cooperate...for now.

However, I will not keep myself from dropping hints for that's my plan from the get-go. I am not the type of person who stays on being friends with a girl I like. So if I decided to pursue one person, then I will make sure to get her. My time's too precious for me to wait on someone who would not give me the time of day. Well, at least there is a bit of assurance as to what she said to me in the car. I'll just push my luck and see how far it'll take me.

But it seems like I'll have a bit of a problem catching her. This year will be busy for us so I'll have to double up my efforts in the hopes that she'll take me seriously. Also, given that this campus is so wide, there are only a handful of times that I get to see her. We only exchange simple greetings whenever we meet in the school grounds and there are times that I see her in the library—not that I am following her, it just so happen that we're working on a case study in Total Quality Management with my groupmates. But I decide not to bother her every time I see there since midterms is coming. I know how serious she is with her studies. I'm only contented with watching her from afar, no matter how creepy I look like. But we're not close so if I just pop up all a sudden, her friends will be weirded out for sure.

So for me to get a chance to speak with her personally, there are times that I sit and wait outside of the Student Affairs Building. And when I see her about to go up in their office, I just initiate a small talk just to catch up—you know being friends that we are. She's even gracious enough to join me in a quick chitchat and I just make the most of it, you know this kind of opportunity doesn't happen quite often. So, yeah.

Also, I'm still waiting for her to accept my first proposal. It's been a while since that time when we first talked in the parking lot where I offered my assistance to help her out with anything. But now that I've shown my intentions, I think she wouldn't consider it anymore. For sure she'll just keep me at arm's length. Can't blame her though, I'll just change my tactic in case I need to. But for now, I'll just play along. At least we're regularly texting each other since we've exchanged numbers. That's progress if you ask me, no matter how slow the pacing is.

Return (Lisrene/Hyunlis)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें