𝐀𝐧 𝐔𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫

𝐘𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐬𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐗 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

The smell of something delicious wafted over to your nose when you stepped into the house you shared with your husband. It was rather surprising since he rarely ever was home this early in the evening. You slowly made your way to the kitchen. The bright golden light of the evening sun streaming through the floor-to-ceiling window illuminated the black wooden flooring and cabinets.

At the center of the kitchen was your husband, who whistled cheerfully as he expertly chopped onions, his motions practiced, graceful. A few slices of steak were being fried on a pan, a mouthwatering smell emanating from them. You immediately felt hungry.

Your surprise wore off, now replaced with curiosity. Smiling, you quietly made your way to your husband and hugged him from behind. He looked back, surprised. Right away a smile bloomed on his face.

"What's the special occasion, Yuri?" you asked, standing on your toes to lightly kiss him on the cheek.

Grinning brightly, he turned around to ruffle your hair affectionately. His baby blue eyes twinkled with a mischievous light.

"I realized I have been too busy lately to pamper you properly. So..." He gestured around him, "I want to do something special for once."

You giggled, an uncomfortable feeling bubbling in your stomach.

"Let me help-"

Yuri shushed you with a finger to your lips.

"Your job is to get dolled up and relax, darling."

After a moment, you smiled, nodding.

"All right... if you say so."

Yuri ushered you out the kitchen, saying dinner would be ready in half an hour.

By the time you got ready and made your way down to the dining room, Yuri had created a beautiful romantic atmosphere, what with all the candles and flowers that he placed around the room. Soft classical music played in the background.

Like the gentleman he was, Yuri kissed your hand before pulling out a chair for you.

You looked at your plate, admiring the way the steak glistened under the candlelight. The impressive presentation of the food didn't surprise you. Yuri was good at everything. Yuri was perfect.

He sat on the other side of the table, smiling.

"Impressed?" he asked as he brushed light blond strands away from his eyes.