𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐎𝐟 𝐔𝐬 - 𝐏𝐭. 𝟐

As the limousine cruised down the busy streets of busy people and bright lights, you surreptitiously glanced at Jan who sat beside you in grim silence for the past few minutes. You jumped a little when you find him already looking back at you with an unflinching stare.

You looked away.

"...Jan, I am-"

"I'm sorry, Y/n. I apologize for my earlier outburst. I'm just... fatigued."

You nodded understandingly, placing a hand in his which was immediately clasped tightly by him. You leaned against him, perching your chin on his broad shoulder.

"I forgive you, Jan."

Jan placed a hand on your cheek, before lowering his face, lips a hairbreadth away as he whispered huskily, "You look stunning, darl," before encasing your lips with his warm and pillowy-soft ones momentarily. You smiled as you kissed him back.

. . .

The theater was as magnificent as it was historic, its storied walls gleaming under the glittering golden chandeliers looking down upon the audience from high above. You stared at everything in newborn awe; having been divested of your freedom to leave your husband's chateau as you please, you quite missed immersing yourself in such opulent habits such as attending plays and concerts.

"Jan! Y/n! What a pleasant surprise to see such familiar faces out of the blue!"

A tall, stockily build brown-haired man approached you two, a woman dressed in pretty pink in his arms.

The men quickly exchanged handshakes while you greeted the dark-haired woman with air kisses.

"How have you been, Irene?"

"Oh, you know how it is with two pestering children clinging to you," the woman replied jokingly.

You giggled in response.

"Quite tiring, isn't it? My Rino is such a stubborn child at times! Trying to make him eat anything is half the battle."

As soon as the words left your mouth, an unnatural silence suddenly made an appearance and as you looked up from the nonplussed expression on Irene's face, you found the two men looking at you, albeit with vastly different emotions.

Vino, your husband's friend, looked at you with a hint of surprise and confusion while Jan sent you a look of warning before he subtly shook his head. It was your turn to be confused now, but you heeded your husband's strange unuttered advice.

As soon as you sat atop the reserved plush red seat in the main theatre hall, you turned to Jan with questioning eyes.

The said man sighed.

"Not now, sweetheart. We came to enjoy here."

Disappointed with his unsatisfying response, you grumpily turned to face the spectacular palatial stage ahead. A warm hand slipped into yours a moment later, giving it a soft squeeze before you felt a lingering peck on your temple, causing you to blush at Jan's boldness, not that it was entirely surprising. He never did shy away from showing affection to you, even in public.

The blood-red curtains finally began to be drawn aside and with that, the play began, the skillful actors immersing everyone in their tale of drama, intrigue, and romance.

In the middle of a particularly quiet scene, you looked at Jan, who immediately met your gaze in the darkness, his face concerned.

"Is something wrong?" He quietly whispered into your ear, causing you to shiver slightly as you felt it tingle.

You shook your head, looking down.

"It's just... Rino must be feeling lonely, being all by himself."

Jan grew tense at your words and didn't reply immediately.

"...We're here to enjoy ourselves, Y/n. Can't you forget him, even for a few hours?" he finally said, his voice taut with anger.

You guiltily ignored his pointed glare, feeling him shift in his seat as he breathed out in frustration.

For the rest of the play, the air around Jan was thick with tension and you scolded yourself inside for ruining a rare and potentially great night out, regretting your actions.

The ride back home didn't dissipate your quiet distress as Jan didn't utter a single word to you, nor did he look at you as he began to undress and prepare for bed. Having put Rino to sleep, you now sat on your shared bed, watching your husband as he mussed up his black hair before he too sat down on his side of the bed.

Taking the chance, you crawled up to him, snaking your arms around him and pressing yourself against his back.

"I'm sorry."

You felt him sigh quietly before feeling his hands on yours.

"...It's alright, sweetheart."

Still noticing his tense body, you began to tentatively kiss him softly along his jaw down to his neck, and, once having felt him shudder beneath you, you smiled.

"Touch me, Jan."

Even before you could finish those breathy words, Jan turned around with a swift, smooth motion, laying you down on the bed before he got on top of you, kissing you with a newly lit passion.

As you began to unbutton his white, freshly laundered, cotton shirt, your hands were abruptly stopped by one of his own, causing you to look up at him in confusion.

"...Wasn't today supposed to be the, um, time of... the month?" Jan asked with a sheepish look on his face, his grey eyes looking anywhere but at you.

You stared up at him with widened eyes before tittering, causing him to look even more embarrassed.

"You keep track of my periods, Jan?" You asked in between peals of laughter.

"I-It's just something I remembered since last month... um," Jan sputtered nervously, causing you to laugh once more at how uncharacteristic it was for him to be like that.

You drew him closer to you, wrapping your arms around his broad shoulders.

"Yes, I was supposed to get it today, but Aunt Flo has yet to arrive," you replied with a laugh.

"Is that a normal thing...?"

"Um, yeah, I suppose? A delay of a few hours isn't that big of a deal."

Jan slumped on top of you, before pulling the royal blue blanket to cover you both. You poked his cheek with a pout before it got snatched by his hand.

"Not tonight, pumpkin. I'm sure you're tired."

You sighed before nodding, instead deciding to hug his bigger body to cuddle for the rest of the night.