𝐀 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 - 𝐏𝐭. 𝟔

After a good, long nap, you finally felt your mind clear up a bit. The much-needed clarity made you realize one thing: you had overreacted.

Granted, it was shocking and it wasn't your fault for breaking down upon seeing photos of your fiance in bed with other women, but given his history, it wouldn't be too surprising if he, or someone out there, for whatever reason, had relics of his past. There was no time stamp on the photos. Nor could you guess when they were taken just by looking at his hair alone.

You knew one thing though - you had to have a proper conversation with the man.

 ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ 

"Y/n... do you really want to be with someone with this kind of history? For all you know, this could be the work of a crazy ex-girlfriend who's jealous of you! I care for you and your safety, Y/n, so please think about this carefully. You haven't married him yet... you could just let go and be with someone who has no baggage and no seedy past," Akira said softly, placing a hand over yours, his gaze earnest and sincere.

You shook your head gently.

"Kei has always treated me with respect, Akira. He's an honest guy... so I want to at least talk with him instead of just shutting him out."

The raven-haired man huffed, pulling his hand away, his lips pressed into a thin line.

"All I want is the best for you, Y/n."

You smiled faintly.

"I know."

As Akira dragged himself out from your apartment complex into the empty street outside, his hands formed into fists as he ground his teeth in barely repressed wrath.

Suddenly, he smacked his hand with the other, before removing it to reveal a speck of blood and what remained of a mosquito. He scowled as he wiped his hand thoroughly clean with a handkerchief.

Vermin.

That's what that bastard was.

As you walked down the streets, you tried not to slip on the wet surface by slowing down your pace

As you walked down the streets, you tried not to slip on the wet surface by slowing down your pace. People rushed about, no doubt wanting to reach their homes before it started to rain cats and dogs again. The heavy, dark clouds above rumbled angrily, matching your current mood.

Kei had failed to show up at your meeting spot. Even after multiple texts and calls, you hadn't heard back from him. Was this his way of saying he couldn't care less? Your blood simmered with anger.

The first thing you noticed upon entering the familiar street was the ambulance, coloring the white alabaster walls of the buildings with the ominous combination of blue and red. Your stomach dropped further upon seeing multiple police cars and a gaggle of uniformed officers and medics exchanging words as a crowd of curious neighbors poured out onto the wet streets to witness the matter.

With hurried steps, you neared Kei's apartment block which seemed to be the epicenter of the solemn affair. A police tape stopped you from entering the building. With quick movements, you pulled out your phone before once again calling your fiance to come out and meet you.

As the phone beeped, you continued to watch the commotion as a stretcher was hurriedly pushed out through the main door of the complex. A roar of sound came to life as a very bloodied man was being swiftly carried to the waiting ambulance.

The world suddenly turned silent as you registered the surreal scene and the words of the officers nearby.

"Apartment 502."

"Multiple stab wounds to head and torso."

"Very faint pulse."

In an instant, everything fell into their rightful place, the puzzle completed finally.

Dark spots began to form in your vision as you felt the ground beneath you shift, sending you free falling, your consciousness abandoning you without hesitation.