𝐀 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 - 𝐏𝐭. 𝟐

You followed through your plan of visiting the library the next day, and sat by a window, bathed in the warm light of the morning sun

Munching on a chocolate chip cookie, you leafed through a book, enjoying the quietness. It was indeed a nice change of pace for you since you rarely saw mornings because you slept in till late afternoon. Outside, green trees danced in the wind as the birds chirped, their chattering reaching your sharp ears despite the thick glass windows.

For the next half an hour, you continued reading until you couldn't ignore it anymore. You straightened up in your chair and looked around, wondering who had been staring at you so persistently.

A young man a few rows down flinched when your eyes met his, causing him to move his head sharply to his right, where a bookshelf stood. He fidgeted in his spot, nervously rubbing his neck as he stared intently at the books.

Your eyes squinted at him, wondering if you had seen the raven-haired man anywhere, before quickly concluding you had not. He looked like a college student. As to why he was staring at you, you couldn't fathom. He sat himself in the small table next to him, a book, which you were sure was chosen randomly, in his pale hands.

His sitting position meant that he was now facing you. From time to time you felt his gaze on you and whenever you bothered to look up, his eyes immediately flew down to the book in his hands.

Wondering what his deal was, you left the library after a while, heading to a nearby cafe to eat something more substantial than cookies for breakfast.

As you entered the cafe, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee greeted you like a longtime friend. You had always liked the smell but refrained from consuming the beverage because it was a stimulant and did a very good job of raising anxiety levels. Your job demanded you to be cool as a cucumber, so you instead grew an affinity for green tea, finding it soothing.

You sat in a booth near a window, gazing out into the busy morning streets, people watching.

"Um..."

Lifting your head, you saw the same young man looking at you nervously, surprise evident in his baby blue eyes. This time he wore a black apron over his plaid shirt and held a pad of paper in his hands.

"I'd like to have a have a bowl of oat porridge and green tea please.", you said coolly, eyeing the young man as he nodded and wrote down your order. His demeanor reminded you of a rabbit.

"Is there anything else I can get for you?", he softly asked, nervously meeting your gaze for a moment.

"No, thanks."

"Then, please wait for a moment. Your order will arrive shortly."

Breakfast was more or less a pleasant affair. The same young man came back with your receipt and fidgeted for a moment before daring to open his mouth.