𝐀 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 - 𝐏𝐭. 𝟑

You stared at the glittering ring under the candlelight, heart thumping and eyes tearing up. Nervously you looked up to meet the eyes of the man that had snatched your heart so easily, wondering if you were dreaming. The past few months were some of the best you've ever experienced.

The soft background noise of the swanky restaurant was non-existent to you as you breathed out, whisper-yelling:

"Yes! A million times, yes!"

You feared that if you spoke any louder, the illusion would fall away, and you'd wake up, realizing it was all just one long, beautiful dream.

Akira's nervous face broke into a huge grin, looking visibly relieved. Quickly, with nimble hands, he slipped the glittering sapphire ring onto your ring finger before softly patting your hand.

"Y/n, you've made me the happiest man alive! ...I love you."

He then stood up from his kneeling position, before placing a chaste kiss on your forehead, his fingers gently smoothing your hair out before letting go.

As soon as you registered the resounding wave of claps from the other patrons, your face heated up and you silently thanked God that the restaurant was softly lit.

For the rest of the meal and the rest of the week, you constantly smiled in glee, over the moon for how your life was turning out to be. The last thing you had expected this year was to find your own Prince Charming.

In the unbearably uncomfortable silence you sat, a feeling of doom casting a dark shadow over your anxious face as you stared at your phone

In the main wedding venue, your parents exchanged worried glances with each other despite the plastered-on smiles on their faces. Upbeat music played in the background as the wedding guests conversed, unaware of the undercurrent of unease.

It's been... three hours, three hours past the start of the wedding festivities and Akira was yet to make an appearance.

You stared at the long strings of text you had sent, none of which were read. None of the thirty or so calls reached him. Your nerves were frazzled with stress and worry and you were quite angry too. How could Akira be so irresponsible, especially on your wedding day?

But... what if he met with some accident on the way here? Was he in danger? What if-

A quiet buzz shook you out of your spiral of anxiety-soaked conversation with yourself, and you hurriedly swiped the black screen of your phone to unlock it, impatient to hear from your husband-to-be.

Your eyes slowly widened in disbelief as you were met with the cruelest words you've ever been the recipient of:

'If you haven't realized it already, there is no wedding to take place today, or any day for that matter.

I didn't know you were so gullible.

Or maybe, I was simply too good of an actor, haha!

Enjoy your life, Y/n. Let's pray we never meet again. I'd really rather never see your face again for this lifetime.'

You didn't know how much time had passed as you stared at the words that slowly swirled and decayed into a nonsensical jumble in your mind.

This... had to be a joke, right? The Akira you knew would never do this to you... right?

Your shaking fingers somehow managed to send a reply back, only to find out you have been blocked. You immediately tried to call him, but it never reached the other end.

You fell to your knees, an overwhelming wave of nausea rising your throat. Tears welled up in your eyes as your mind still struggled to understand your new, shattered reality.

What has just happened? Did Akira really walk out on you, after he swept you off your feet without remorse, on what was supposed to be the happiest possible day of your life?

Suddenly, an awful clarity put a stop to your spiraling, hopeless thoughts.

Revenge.

Everything that took place in the last few months was all for... this horrible moment, wasn't it? Revenge. That horrid word echoed in your head.

Upon this realization you finally broke down, palming your face with your shaking hands. Your heart silently screamed in pain.

Footsteps temporarily gained your attention and as you looked up, your heart broke once more. Your mother looked at your weeping face and you knew she knew, from a single glance.

"Mama..."