7. Lazing On a Sunday Afternoon

"Come for breakfast tomorrow," Tina said when she called again on Saturday, inviting Lettie over to Smile's apartment, where she seemed to be spending a lot of her time now. 

Like before, Lettie had raced to the phone as soon as it started ringing - then she realized that Mary's supervisor probably wouldn't be calling on the weekend.

"I'm planning on heading over to the uni to get some work done, I just get too distracted at home by my records and magazines and annoying brother."

"I heard that!" Chip called from the other room.

"Well that works out perfect then, as they live by the arts college."

When she reached the boys' flat the next morning, her knock was answered by a very shirtless Roger.

She blinked. "Do you always answer the door minus a shirt?"

"I knew it was you."

"Ah, I see. And how did you know?"

"My superpowers."

"Ah." 

"Please, come on in, My Lady." He gave a sweep of his arm and stepped aside to let her in the flat.

"Thank you very kindly, My Lord."

"Lettie!" Tina waved from where she was cutting Tim's hair at the table.

"Hi Teen.  You're going to sweep all that hair up before we eat, right?"

"Of course! I'm a very professional hairdresser!"

"Hello Juliette!" Freddie called from where he and Mary were snuggled together on the couch.

" Any word on the job yet?" asked Mary.

"Not yet."

"Fingers crossed for you Darling!" Freddie crossed his fingers and held them up.

"Thanks Fred."

"They'd be mad to turn you down!" said Tina.

"Thanks, Teen. I brought honey and Greek yogurt." Lettie placed said items on the table. "Sometimes it's eaten as dessert, but it's also breakfasty, and who wouldn't want to eat dessert for breakfast?"

"Here, here!" said Roger. "We'll add it to the menu. We have Corn Flakes and toast."

"And Brian's making pancakes," added Tim. "He's not ignoring you, he's just in the kitchen."

"Hi Lettie!" came Brian's call.

"Hi Brian." She followed his voice down the hall and to the kitchen, where he stood over the stove cooking pancakes.

"Smells good," she commented.

"Thanks. You hungry?"

"Yes."

"Me too." 

"Here, I'll help you with the plates and cutlery," she offered.

"Thanks, though it really should be my flatmates helping with that, seeing as we are hosting."

"No worries, really. Which drawer and cupboard?"

He pointed her in the right direction of plates and cutlery. She carried them out to the dining room where Tina was finished cutting Tim's hair and they were now clearing off the table and floor.

"Here I'll get you some tea," Brian said when she returned to the kitchen.  "Earl grey?"

"Yes, thank you, you remembered."