8. Now I'm Here

Lettie was scrambling around the stall, trying to figure out what to wear for her interview, with some much-appreciated help from Freddie.

"Roger, get off your lazy arse and help us!" Freddie called to the back where Roger sat with his feet up.  "This is very important! This is Juliette's future we're talking about! It's not to be taken lightly!"

"I thought you didn't like your name," Roger remarked.

"Freddie's the only one allowed to call me by my full name."

"I'm honoured, Darling!"

"Hey, what about me?"

"Fine, Roger, you too."

"Now come and help us!" urged Freddie.

"Alright, alright." Roger got up and started looking through the clothing racks. 

"Don't worry, Lettie Dear, you will look lovely in whatever you choose to wear," Freddie assured her, noting her look of panic as she searched. 

"Thanks, Fred. But I really need to make a good impression!"

"And you will, I have no doubt! With your charming personality." He winked.  Then he turned to the rather-unhelpful blond. "Hang on - Roger, where's that jacket?"

"Which jacket?"

"The black one-"

"You'll have to be more specific than that, Fred."

"Then let me finish! The black one with the gold flowers."

"I dunno, you wore it last."

"Did I? I'll have to look through my closet." He turned back to Lettie.  "Do you have a black dress and black boots and some gold-coloured jewellery?"

"Yes, yes, and yes."

"Brilliant! Then I've got the cherry on top!" He winked, leaving Lettie very intrigued.

--------------------------------------

Lettie was practically bouncing in her seat on the bus she was so nervous - and so excited! She actually had an interview at Biba! She finally had a chance!

She had brought a book along with her, but was much too nervous to focus. 

The bus slowed to a stop to allow some people to get on. Lettie checked her watch - she still had plenty of time, and would arrive early and eager.

One of the people who got on the bus was a familiar face. 

"Well, don't you look sharp," she commented to Brian. He was wearing his new white shirt.

He noticed her too and smiled.  "Thanks, on my way to class. I'm a T.A. for a class on the Space Race today."

"Well, you certainly look very professional."

"Thanks." He smiled and smoothed a hand down the front of his shirt.  "And where are you off to?"

"My interview."

His jaw dropped. "That's today! No wonder you look so lovely-" His smile quickly fell and he became so adorably flustered it made her laugh.  "Not that you don't always look lovely, you just look particularly lovely today..."

"Thank you. I had some help from Freddie and Roger. This is their jacket, actually."

"Ah, yes. Thought I recognized it. They're always fighting over it."