27. "Come Marry Me For Evermore..."

1975

Come marry me for evermore we'll be good company...

Lettie couldn't believe it - she was marrying Brian. The fact itself was  incredible, let alone today.  She was marrying Brian today. Today, Juliette Evans and Brian May would be married. 

Tina, Priya, Mary, and Veronica were all her bridesmaids, and Freddie, Roger, John, Tim, and Chip were Brian's groomsmen.  

"I can't believe this is really happening," she cried to Tina. Everyone was all ready to go, which meant the wedding ceremony would be starting very soon. 

Tina and Tim had gotten married the previous year. 

Tina beamed back.  "Yes.  The three of us are so happy to be here!"

Lettie eyed her friend.  "Three of you?"

Tina gestured to outside the room, meaning Tim. Then to herself, and then to her stomach-

"AH!" Lettie cried out and threw her arms around her friend.  "Oh my God, I'm so happy for you! So happy!" She hugged her friend. She knew Tina and Tim had been trying for a baby for a while with no success, and now they were pregnant! "So, so happy!" 

"And we're so happy for you. We didn't want to steal your spotlight today-"

"No, no, I'm so glad you told me! Congratulations, Teen!"

"Thanks, Let. Love you."

"Love you too!"

"I'd better go join the others, see you soon. You go on out there and get him!"

"Oh, I will."

"Oh, I know you will." Tina gave her a wink and one more hug before going to join the other bridesmaids. 

 Soon after Tina left, there was a knock at the door.  "It's me, Darling. I wanted to give you a good send-off."

Lettie chuckled and opened the door. "Thanks, Fred. How's Brian doing?"

"He can hardly stand still he's so excited!"

"Aw, such a sweetheart." She loved that man so much. 

"Knock knock." Another tap came at the door then, and her mum, dad, and brother peeked in,

"I'll leave you lot," Freddie said, giving Lettie a hug.  "See you soon."

"Thanks, Fred! Bye!"

"So, you ready?" Frank asked her.

She nodded.  "So ready."

"We're so happy for you, Love," said a teary-eyed Valerie, giving her daughter's hand a squeeze.  "And we couldn't be happier with Brian. I always had a good feeling about that sweet young man."

Lettie chuckled.  "Thanks, Mum."

"Just, just don't forget to come and visit your old mum and dad every once in a while," Frank sniffled.

"Oh, Dad, don't you cry too-" Lettie was becoming teary-eyed herself now. 

"'Old'? Frank Evanos!" cried Valerie. 

Chip snorted with laughter. 

Lettie smiled - some things never change.

"I just meant that-"

"I know, I know."  Valerie pulled them all into a big family hug. 

"Of course I'll come and visit," Lettie promised.

Meanwhile, up at the front of the aisle, the nervous groom stood, practically bouncing he was so jittery, just as Freddie had said. 

"What are the tissues for?" Brian asked, noting that both Roger and Tim had a box of tissues tucked beneath their arms.

"For you," said Tim.

"For me?"

"Yeah, when you start crying," said Roger. "Cause we all know you will."

"Will not."

"Will to."

"Oh, come on, you know you will. And no judgement for it, Darling," said Freddie, appearing at the other groomsmen's sides. "There's already been many happy tears shed today, and we've barely begun!"

"Where were you?"

"Visiting the bride, that's where!" Freddie answered. "Had to give her a proper send-off. And I popped by the bridesmaids to see Mary as well, of course."

The music started, and everyone jumped into position.  The hall doors opened and-

As soon as the bride appeared, everyone's jaws dropped.

She was wearing, not a wedding dress, but a jumpsuit. The back of it was long so that it looked like a dress from behind, but in the front it was trousers.  She had, of course, taken to designing and making her own wedding outfit. 

Hearing a sniffle, all five  groomsmen turned to face the groom who had already burst into happy sobs. 

"Easy, Mate. Here you go." Tim passed him a tissue.  "Lots more where that came from." 

"Good thing too," said Roger, cracking open his own box of tissues.  "We'll need 'em."

Frank gave Lettie a kiss on the cheek when they reached the front of the aisle, before going to join Valerie in the front seats with Brian's parents. Still crying, Brian offered Lettie his hand, she took it, coming to stand at his side. 

The officiant smiled at them and began the ceremony. 

The bride and groom barely heard him though, too caught up in staring, smiley and teary-eyed, back at each other. 

At last though, he was saying the final word.  "Juliette and Brian..."

"Lettie-"

"Bri-"

"-I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Cheers and applause arose throughout the whole hall as Lettie jumped up in order to meet Brian's lips in a kiss, sealing their vows to each other. 

Afterwards, during the reception, the bride and groom were having their first dance together as a married couple. Elton John's Your Song  was the chosen song for this very special first dance. 

The two gently swayed together, in each other's arms, pressed into each other's warm and loving embrace.

The final notes and verse of the song arrived. "'How wonderful life is while you're in the world,'" Brian softly sang along with the last line, finishing by pressing a kiss to the top of Lettie's head. She snuggled closer up against his chest.  

This was only the beginning.

As it began...

(Again with the White Queen references, haha! ;)  So I know Deaky didn't appear in this story much, and I'm sorry for that, but he will feature more in the sequel! 

That's right, I'm planning on making this a trilogy, a glimpse into their lives in the '80s and '90s! Book Two will be out soon! :D

As always, thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed overall! :) See you in the sequel!)