Not So Sleepy

It was late.

Kurama knew that Shiori and Kazuya were normally in bed by this time. Shuichi and Kanako had just departed, carrying Yuuta who was half-asleep and too tired to walk.

Kurama knew that it was time to turn in for the night and head home to the small, yet comfortable home he rented with his wife.

There was a problem.

His wife was missing. Approximately an hour ago, she had gone to lay Daisuke down to sleep in his crib, but had instead disappeared.

Naturally, the first place Kurama checked was Daisuke’s room.

And there she was.

There was a couch on the right hand side of the room, directly across from Daisuke’s crib–a crib that was currently unoccupied.

Lyra was curled up on the couch, her full, womanly form cradling the sleeping infant. Her arms formed a protective railing around the baby and her long, golden brown hair had fallen forward to create a gentle curtain around Daisuke.

Kurama couldn’t breathe.

This.

This was what he wanted!

After hundreds of years of thieving and killing for nothing more than selfish–sometimes sadistic–ambition! After twenty years of living in human form within the human world–always thinking that he would never find someone who could affect him so–never thinking to find someone who could capture him so completely. After all that time of thinking that he would remain alone and without the love and companionship of a spouse (either human or demon in nature), he wanted this woman!

He wanted her completely and he wanted her forever.

After all that time, Kurama wanted a family of his own.

Weak with a rare flood of overwhelming emotion–although a flood that seemed to frequently engulf him from the time he met Lyra–Kurama walked over and reluctantly woke Lyra with a tender shake of the shoulder and a kiss in her cheek.

Groggy and looking so softly beautiful, Lyra rose and carefully set Daisuke down in his crib. As she did this, Kurama came up behind her and enfolded Lyra with his arms weaving around her waist.

Lyra gasped quietly as Kurama gently nipped at her neck. 

Instantly, her arms rose up to wrap around Kurama’s head and pull him closer, ever closer to her body.

“Mm!” Lyra moaned, but kept it low and in her mouth.

Kurama chuckled and Lyra felt the deep chuckle reverberate through her torso. The fox demon gave one final nip to the very tip of Lyra’s earlobe, then pulled away.

Lyra sighed, disappointed at the loss of her husband’s warth, but followed Kurama out of the room, turning off the light on the way out.

Walking down the stairs Kurama grabbed Lyra’s hand and she smiled.

They said their goodbyes and made the half an hour drive home. At the house, Lyra grabbed a drink of water from the kitchen while Kurama went to their bedroom and readied 
himself for bed.

Smiling mischievously, Lyra began undressing as she walked down the short hallway. This was actually rather easy, seeing as she was in only a dress and undergarments. As she opened the door to the room, Lyra was clad only in a deep red lingerie set that was honestly more lace than solid material.

She blinked.

Their room had been refurbished. Instead of the neat, yet slightly cluttered bedroom, Lyra was met with a flowered, vined paradise. But no sign of Kurama.

Arms were suddenly wrapped around her frame and strong, firm hands were ravishing every inch of her body that they could reach.

Noting a slight discrepancy, Lyra looked up into the golden-green, slanted eyes of Kurama in a pseudo-demon state. His hair was a strange hybrid of red and white, his ears were pointed and vaguely elfish, and he stood a full two feet taller than Lyra’s short height of five feet.

“You sneak,” Lyra accused playfully.

“Ex-thief,” Kurama said in his deepened voice. “Sneaking was my job. Besides,” he began, looking down at Lyra’s alluring attire, “it seems that I wasn’t the only one with plans.”

“Guilty?” Lyra joked and let herself lean back fully into Kurama’s body. “You know, you really like to hug me from behind, don’t you?”

With a confident chuckle, Kurama leaned down lightly whispered something naughty in Lyra’s ear.

Lyra blushed, looking slightly alarmed, and tried to wiggle around within Kurama’s firm grip to face him. She blushed further as he let out a deep, shameless groan.

All of a sudden, Lyra was laughing gleefully and adrenaline coursed through her entire body as Kurama gently tossed her onto the bed–now cushioned with various soft and flowering plants. Lyra watched with a thrill as her handsome, demonic husband stalked noiselessly across the room to hover over her.

Kurama absolutely pinned her to the bed with the sheer gravity of his searing, uninhibited gaze. Lyra stared back, breathless and tingling with anticipation.

The fox descended upon his vixen.