Fuzzy

Kurama awoke, still in his demonic form, to Lyra softly nuzzling his ears. He basked for several moments in the titillating feeling.

"I know you're awake," Lyra murmured in her gentle, musical voice, burying her face in the softness of his ears. 

"They're so fuzzy!" she exclaimed, voice muffled by the fur.

Kurama chuckled deeply. "Fuzzy is not a word that has ever been used to describe me."

"Hmm, I wonder why," Lyra teased lethargically.

"Mm," Kurama hummed contentedly, Lyra's position putting his face directly in line with her generous breasts. A gleam that spoke of mischief twinkled in Kurama's eyes. Without warning, he nipped Lyra's bare breast right on the bud.

"Eep!"

BANG!

CRASH!

Yelping in surprise, Lyra had jerked away from Kurama and, right foot tangled in the bedsheets, had fallen off the left side of the bed and crashed to the ground while hitting her head against the wall.

Instantly, Kurama untangled Lyra's foot and scooped her up against his larger frame. There were tears gathering at the corners of Lyra's eyes and both her head and bottom were aching. Kurama gathered Lyra close and sat on the bed cradling her against him. Gently, he rubbed her head and tailbone.

"I'm fine. I'm fine," Lyra said stubbornly, but still curled into Kurama's embracing hold.

"Are you sure?" Kurama asked and Lyra couldn't help but think that his voice in demon form sounded kind of strange when it was colored with concern.

"... I will be," replied Lyra looking up into golden eyes.

Blink.

And the two were laughing quietly in the calm morning.

Still chuckling, Kurama turned Lyra to face him and captured her lips in a laughing kiss. Lyra let herself get caught up in his affection and reached her arms around Kurama's body to caress the area where his tail attached to the rest of his body--a spot that was particularly pleasurable to him in this form.

Laughter peppered the next while as the two frolicked and played. 

Last night had been the first time they had made love while Kurama was fully in his demonic form of Yoko Kurama. They were still learning new things about each other with the physical (and, in a few ways, mental) differences.

Such as the little tidbit about the tail.

Or that Kurama had to be so much more careful with his wife while he was in this form. He was so much stronger and larger than he was in his human form.

Or that Lyra was infatuated with his ears.

Or that Kurama's less human side went wild for the feeling of his mate being tenderly dominated and overcome by his more aggressive nature.

And they both loved it when Kurama cradled Lyra and she felt so safe and protected and he felt how soft and small and vulnerable she was.

That's what he was doing at the moment.

Kurama was lying back against the headboard. Lyra was lying atop him. Her arms were wrapped around his neck and Kurama's arms were wrapped loosely around Lyra's back. Lyra was still panting and trying to catch her breath. Kurama was moderately winded, but not enough to heavily affect his breathing. Both were sweaty and euphoric after their romp. Lyra laughed lightly and laid her head on Kurama's chest.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to not hearing a heartbeat," Lyra said between gasps, her warm breath ghosting over Kurama's bare chest.

Kurama chuckled and pulled his arms tight around Lyra's middle. His tail--which was tucked up between his legs due to the sitting position he was in--halfway wrapped itself around Lyra's legs.

Lyra suddenly lifted her head from Kurama's chest to look into his strangely frigid, yet blazing golden eyes.

"I wonder what they'll look like!" she exclaimed incredulously.

Kurama raised his eyebrows in question.

Lyra got the hint, but her mind was working and wondering so fast that she couldn't form a coherent sentence. "Kids! Babies! Little... Things we make!" She gasped. "What if my little babies have fox tails!" She leaned forward to place a happy kiss on Kurama's lips. "I would be the happiest woman in the world if our babies were little fox-eared demon children!"

Kurama laughed at Lyra's excitement. "Be careful what you wish for, darling. Foxes are notoriously mischievous."

Lyra snorted. "Like I didn't know that."

Kurama's features adopted a devious smirk. He suddenly flipped the two of them over and pinned Lyra to the mattress, his hands at her wrists and lower body resting upon hers. 

"Hey! Kurama!" Lyra protested laughingly, but Kurama merely smirked and leaned down to place a soft kiss on Lyra's lower abdomen. He then lay there, feeling the rise and fall of her breathing, smelling her warm, sensual scent, listening to the dull thudding of her human heart. 

Lyra closed her eyes to revel in Kurama's closeness.

"I cannot wait until there is a child growing within you," Kurama said softly in a different voice.

Lyra looked down. Kurama was back in his human form. His red hair pooled around Lyra's naked profile. His striking emerald eyes were half closed and hazed with longing.

Lyra's hands, now freed, came down to rest on his strong shoulders.

"I can't wait for our child," Kurama whispered in the stillness.

Lyra fell back and sighed in happiness.