the big city

Jessie point of view 

when I got on the train to go to new york from Santa Fe I'm not gonna lie I was scared. truth be told I've never actually been outside Santa Fe without my parents, but I inherited my dad's stubbornness so I wasn't about to just give up.  so jo and I rode the train al the way to the big city. 

once we got there I was in shock. sure dad had told me a lot about the big city but this was not what I was expecting. there were people EVERYWHERE and buildings and to be honest, there wasn't a tree in sight. but we were still here and I was going to help my sister achieve her dream and then this happened. 

a swarm of people headed into times square flew by us and pushed us apart. I heard jo call my name and I call back "JO!" "JESSIE" jo called back on the brink of tears. the crowd separated and I could no longer see jo, I looked for her all night, and then I found someone who looked quite familiar.

"UNCLE DAVEY!" I called out trying to get his attention. he looked back at me and said "Jessica?!" as I ran over to him and gave him one of the biggest hugs I have ever given in my life. "why are you here?! don't you live in Santa Fe with jack?" "yeah, but we ran away because jo wanted to be in the big city to have her writing career" "speaking of which where is jo?"  "i-i don't know," i said starting to breakdown " i-i lost her in a c-crowd and I've b-been looking for her all n-night" i said sobbing  " hey hey its ok well find your sister ok?" but for now lets go inside, it's getting late and i don't want you catching a cold ok?" "o-ok"