becoming a newsie

Jessie's point of view

"now I don't have enough room to accommodate you, so I have found you a home" "with who might I ask?" "the newsies" "oh cool! my dad has told me all about those guys!" "well there not the same as your dad's friends but there still cool" ok well when do I start?" "right now"

no one's point of view

as they walked into newsies square Jessie was amazed, they were kids everywhere who looked beat up and looked like they haven't had a bath in months "this is it, newsies square, you brought a bit of money yes?" "yeah" "well then go buy a paper and sell it because this is where you'll be living for the next few years of your life" "oh... um cool!"Jessie said feeling a bit rejected   "I know its not exactly the best conditions but I think you'll have a lot of fun here" " your dad sure did" Davey said fondly " well I best be going, I've got a job to do up at the library have fun!" "oh ok Bye Davey"

Jessie's point of view 

ok, I'm not gonna lie, newsies square is kinda a dump. but its where my dad lived for most of his life so I'm gonna make the most of it so I guess ill go get a paper.

"hi, there can I grab fifty papers please?"  "yeah sure, pay up" "umm ill pay when I sell them?" "no, you pay now. " "but whatever I don't sell you by back?"  "what are ya talking about kid, we don't take back what you don't sell, you have to deal with that yourself" "oh well ok then" so I pay my money and I go over and get my papers and once everybody got their papers and kid came over to me "hey there! I'm miles morris  but most people call me crutchie" he says as he points to the crutch that he seems to be leaning on "oh ok crutchie um I'm Jessica but most people call me Jessie!" "you got a last name, Jessie?"  " yeah um, plumber. my name is Jessie plumber!" I said nervously " you don't seem that sure about that Jessie" "no I'm completely sure it's just a bit nerve-racking meeting new people" " oh ok! well if you're that nervous you can come  sell with me if you want!" "ok then!" "let's go then"

I'm gonna go sell my first paper!