Prologue: It's (Y/N)

"Just an ordinary day for work."

"You're not gonna attend the Annual Summer Picnic again?" Her father asks, making his daughter sigh and fix her glasses.

"I have work today, dad. Maybe next year." She grabs a toast of bread from the dining area, and makes her way to their door.

"But you didn't attend the last year and the other years as well, (Y/N) dear." her mother calls from behind, but she already left. Both parents let out a sigh, truly their own daughter needs to have fun once in a while rather than working everyday. She just recently turned 16 and what she is doing are company job potentials.

Oh how they wished their daughter could feel the fun of being a teenager.

And maybe life will grant that wish.

Because that morning was something that (Y/N) hoped would have just happened.

The night before the Annual Summer Picnic, life finally found the opportunity to ruin her daily and same old routine. She was rushed to the hospital, revealing that she had a broken bone on her left arm, specifically on the area of her radius bone, from a terrible accident of (Y/N) falling down the stairs. That night was horrible, she cried out all of her pain and the fact that she couldn't work for a couple of months. Crying may have helped, but the pain inside her heart and her arm were still there.

"Ready to go, (Y/N)?" Her mom calls out her daughter, making her let out a sigh. She has no other choice either way.

"Now don't be bitter, (Y/N). Have a little fun in your teenage years! It's only once in a lifetime." Her father tried to cheer her up, but it was useless for (Y/N).

"Working is more fun than playing around and wasting time on useless things, dad." She clicks her tongue and her voice in a sour mood. Both parents sighed, their daughter grew mature at a young age.

"What makes you think that being stuck in your computer debugging codes and fixing wires are only the fun things in life? Why not make a new friend or fall in love, (Y/N)?" Her father said half-jokingly. His daughter sighed, it's a fact that they've talked about this numerous times.

"Dad, I told you. I want to help you guys in the family, having Naomi is already enough for me, and seriously love? Me falling in love? That's ridiculous, dad. You're making me laugh." She walked ahead of her parents, making them sigh once more.

'At least she's finally attending the Annual Summer Picnic this year.' They both thought.

Today is an Annual Summer Picnic in their neighborhood, wherein all of the villagers would gather around, play games, eat food together, and have fun overall. However, ever since (Y/N)'s gifted talent and a prodigy with programming and electronics has been discovered around Hyogo prefecture, she has been working ever since.

But this year is going to be different, with the recent accident she had. It could hinder her from working and coding for a while. (Y/N) thinks that she's in the state of being useless in life, making her sigh. She could have been more careful, then this wouldn't have happened to her. She found a perfect spot where no one would interact with her, and also a perfect view of watching the event's games. She saw how everyone who's participating in the event grew competitive. She used to participate there when she was a kid,

but that was all before for (Y/N).

She doesn't see any fun or excitement in those stuff anymore, her heart is building up an unsatisfactory hole inside. It looks like coding and fixing wires as her dad said wasn't fun for her.

She just couldn't find things that can make her happy and fill in the empty part of her heart. Therefore, she hides her true feelings by doing other things to distract her.