Chapter-1 Welcoming The Guest

It was the mid-evening when a convertible, roaring across the streets of Galena came to a halt in front of the Woonton house.
Inside from the house came a lady almost the age of 30 running towards the convertible, She opened the door and a boy centre out of it'

"You were supposed be here an hour early. I was so worried about both of you. What took you so much of time, Arthur?" said the lady to a man who came out of the driver seat of the convertible just after the boy.

"Relax Mary, we are here now in front of your eyes." Answered the man.

"How can I relax?! You never answered your phone and it felt like ages when you would come back." said Mary, little bit annoyed.

"It is not uncle's fault, aunty. The road to here is very hard to drive on, due to those pits. “Said the boy.

"Ooh Aron, you need not defend your uncle. I know how careless he is at the time of driving.” Said Aunt Mary. “How can a careless person like him be a lawyer?"

"A criminal lawyer." answered Uncle" And don't you go on my profession."

Arthur Woonton was a man of 32. He had blue eyes which matched with his flaming red hair. He had a normal beard and a moustache giving him a bit of classy look. He was one of the best-known criminal lawyers around for his work.

“Now relax both of you." Said Aron “I just arrived and you both are havin'  an argument. Aunty, I didn't even have my lunch and now I am starving. Is it possible to eat an early dinner?"

"Sure" answered Aunt Mary “Get in and first get refreshed Aron. I will serve you dinner right after it."

Aunt Mary was a polite woman always ready to help. She had brown curly hair which made her green eyes look little odd. Though she was of 30, she never looked so.

Aron was no wonder back, very soon after getting refreshed. Though he was an American, Aron was born in a country called India. This gave him an Indian look. He had black straight hair with brown eyes. His skin color was not white like an usual American but a bit dark.

"This steak is so tasty." Complimented Aron after having a bite "Aunty you make the best steak I ever had."

"Thanks Aron." Said aunty "I suppose you don't get to eat steak in India quite a lot."

"Well that's true. Mom loves to cook steak as it's her favorite as well, so whenever she gets home back earlier than usual, she cooks some of my favourite food items." Answered Aron.

"Well Aron, I don't understand why you want to study in America though your mother still wants to work in India. Is there some special reason behind your travel?" Asked Uncle Woonton.

"Not really, actually I always wanted to learn about the place I really originate to. Studying here is the most ideal way to do so." Answered Aron.

"I see" said Uncle "well I have taken an admission on your name in —"

"That's enough talk for today." interrupted Aunt Mary "Aron, you can go to bed now"

"But aunty" started Aron “I —"

“No Aron, we can talk tomorrow. Finish your food and get your sleep. You must be tired from the journey." Said Aunt Mary.

The little boy of 14 knew that arguing was not the right thing to do. He finished his food and went to the guest room to get some sleep.
"Just adjust for one day in that room. Tomorrow I will tidy up a room for you to sleep in." Said uncle before opening the door to the guest room.

“Not bad, it's very spacious in here. I can easily get a good sleep in there." Said Aron and closed the door behind him and went on the bed.

“How can I sleep when tomorrow I am going to start a new day in my native place? It really seems weird that I am from Galena and this is the first time I have ever visited it." He thought.
After lying on his bed for some time he got up and walked towards the window and pulled it open. There was not even a single sound out.

"Well you can't compare this place with India it's so odd without a sound outside the window. Not even a person can be seen walking on the footpaths." He thought.

After several minutes, Aron was going to return to his bed when he saw a suspicious man running across the footpath and then he suddenly stopped running and started walking towards a house. He was just going to enter the house when the man saw Aron on the window and just in minutes disappeared in darkness.