Chapter 4 - The Theft!

Both the boys ran towards the reception. The woman lay on the floor in front of them was moaning.

"She is unconscious; we need to get a doctor. Do you know any kind of physician around this Place?" Aron asked.

"I do. I will be back soon." Said Ben and ran towards the door.

Ten minutes later the woman was being examined by Dr. Fletcher. After some time, the woman was back to her consciousness.

"Wh- Where am I?" Asked the woman.

"You were unconscious so these boys brought me here to examine you. You must thank them. Though it was not so serious but only a case of serious shock, it could have been dangerous if not hurried." Said the doctor.

"Thank you, boys." She said thankfully, gaining back her strength.

"Doctor, did you say it was a case of shock?" Asked Aron.

"That's right." Answered the doctor "What were you shocked from ma'am?"

"From the theft." She answered.

"A theft!" Said both the boys shockingly.

"Yes." Replied the woman "it happened when a man left little while after you both came. He paid his amount and left. I was about to put the money in my drawer when I found it empty."

"Was it empty when you checked it in morning after opening the shop?" Asked the doctor.

"I don't know." She replied "I was so busy just after I entered the shop that l was unable to open the drawer till now.

Aron was about to suggest her to notify the police when the woman started to speak up all by herself.

" I think it is the work of those men who were standing out of my shop, this morning, before opening it." She said "They left as soon as they saw me. I don't want to say this but they did act suspicious."

"Well... can you describe them?" Asked Ben.

"Not the men but I remember one specific thing about their van in which they left." She said “It was a black color van and had a big red star on it."

"You should give all the details to the police right away." Said the doctor. "I must leave now. I have to go see my other patients. I suggest you to take some rest from this work of yours for a day or two"

“I will” She replied “Thank you Dr. Fletcher. I’ll come to your home this evening and give your fee. I have no money right now.”

“Its all right. Take some rest and you can give me my fee later.” By saying this the doctor left.

"We should leave as well." Said Ben.

They paid the bill and left right after the doctor. When Aron reached his home, both Uncle and Aunt were surprised to hear all the adventure he had with his friend and suggested he should rest the left-over day at home. At night, Aron was given the room beside the small guest room as his very own room. He was just about to sleep after lying on the bed but remembered something and went near the window.

"The horror house and the road are more clearly visible now than before" he said himself "I think I should wait for some time. Maybe that man will appear again."

He didn't have to wait long; a very fast vehicle made a halt in front of the abandoned house. He was shocked that the vehicle didn't make any sound while putting brakes.

"Surely that driver is an experienced person" he said to himself "I have a hunch that something is wrong here."

Aron couldn’t resist the excitement. He led his way to the first floor. Aunt Mary was still in the kitchen.

"Aron, where are you going? “She asked

"Just for a night walk aunty." He said "I will be back soon. Don't worry."

"But it's already dark" she said” You ca—"

"I can take care of myself aunty, don't worry" he said

"All right, but be back in half an hour" she agreed.

"Ok" he said. He checked his watch and then left the house. Slowly he made his way towards the vehicle.

He was just 10 meters away from the vehicle and when he noticed that the vehicle had A Big Red Star!