Chapter Four

The next day though Lana did see him. Turned out his actual name was Dorian Eli Flecther.

It was written beside his picture in bolded font with only the beginning letters capital.

On the kill file Anthony's secretary had just handed her.

She had placed it, open, on his table. "Him? Why?"

Anthony glanced at it and waved it away. She picked it back up.

"Something happened with his parents. His mom had him at sixteen so she's still something. Anyway long story short, he went after the man who wanted his mother in a decidedly non police officer way and the force let him go. Dishonorably. "

"So you know he's an officer?"

"Being an officer doesn't mean anything. I don't discriminate, my services are open to everybody, " he said smirking.

"But you let him come to one of your clubs when you know he's a cop."

"Was a cop. More importantly he was angry. With a grudge. Usually people like that need some relief, to forget no matter how brief or take matters into their own hands. Exactly up my alley. "

"What if he was-"

"Sent undercover? He wasn't. It was checked, of course. Besides, I can't shoot every little runt that sniffs around me on sight."

"Can he a lighter sentence? Like a warning?"

"He's had one. That's why he was brought to my table. Because after that, he's still snooping around. "

"Then can I get a change?"

Anthony leaned this arms on his table and gazed up to her, looking quite like the oil painting. She was beginning to ruffle his feathers. "No. "

She had shut up after that.

So here she was, wearing a different yet equally short skirt, bikini top slightly covered more of her double Cs, heels that one wrong step would result in a broken neck and got Dorian to a room.

It was so easy she was disappointed and little mad. Did he just go with anyone?

"They sent you. "

Lana blinked. So he did not just go with anyone.

She drew her gun and turned immediately, looking up at him. His hands went up.

"I know they know that I know, " he chuckled here. " I know quite a lot. But I have to keep coming because it's not enough. I can't just leave it alone; father's gone because one of those old dipshits wanted mother. Wants mother. Besides I don't want my brother to be present for the next warning. "

Oh.

She lowered her gun, keeping her fingers tight on it as he lowered his hands.

"You don't get a warning anymore. They want you dead.

"Oh. "

Oh? Mans had been expecting it.

"So you know that even if I leave you alive they'll send someone else. In two days max, you'd be dead. "

"Not if I get the rest of what I need and then disappear with my mother and brother before tomorrow. "

She paused, actually considering it, actually considering not killing him. But she knew why.

If she thought she couldn't kill Jerry, then she knew she couldn't kill Dorian. He was doing this same reason she was. For his family.

"And can you get it tonight?"

He looked at her for a moment. "You can. "

Lana eyebrows rose. "Listen I'm probably going to let you go. And get double the work. "

"Yes, thank you. So?"

He had to be kidding.

"I'm not going kill you, "she repeated. He nodded, looking grateful as though he understood. But still had a look on his face that was waiting for an answer.

"And yet you want me to help you? Get even more work?" She shook her head. "No way, bucko. Not happening. "

Lana considered it a mystery. She just could not fathom it. Did not know how she had come to be where she was.

She remembered telling herself- and Dorian - that she wasn't going to do it, that she'd done enough, that she was already in trouble.

But yet here she was sitting on a geezers lap feeling in his coat for a key.

Dorian was in and out in the respectable time it took a lady to go to the bathroom.

After that, they needed a body. So as not to aggrevate Anthony more, she picked a guard of the Leron's that had almost the same muscular build as Dorian.

Wrapping him up in the sheets of the room she'd lured him into, Lana got one of Anthony's guards, Brian, with the characteristic buffness, silence and frown that they had agreed was a requirement of the job. He assisted her in carrying the body to the cab she called.

After using her gun to gently ask the cab driver for the use of the car. He had been very accommodating, giving her the keys before leaving so hurriedly, he tripped a few times. One might even have thought he was running as fast as his legs could carry him.

"Thanks, Brian. Target was heavy. "

There. Proof.

Phase two. "Shoot. My phone's still in there."

Brian didn't say anything but walked back in with her after which he made a bee line to the bar and she was put out of his sight. Thank goodness.

Then when the lights changed from the dim ones to neon flashing ones, she and Dorian slunk out. Keeping to the shadows, Dorian got in the boot along with the body.

He did it so well, that even as she had known he would be right beside her, she couldn't see him.

Definitely had a history on the streets before being a cop.

"Thank you, Lana, " he said, smiling down at her so brightly, so happily and she returned it with just as much gusto after they had taken care of the body.

He snuck out of her house with as much stealth as he had got in.

After giving her a kiss where he plunged and caressed her mouth. It made her toes curl and her stomach do a happy dance that she leaned up for another. He had obliged.

She stared at the figure until she was sure he was gone, using time as she really couldn't see him apart from a glimpse as he crossed the street.

Lana lay on her bed with her hand under her head, still warm from his kisses, and sighed. She had literally given the hot guy she might really like the key to walk out of her life.

For a good cause, she reminded herself as she stared at her ceiling. His and his family's life.

Still, she felt a bit down. Under other circumstances, that was a guy she would hold tight and with both hands.